PDA

View Full Version : Low budget tasers

journeyman171
12-01-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't remember where i read it, but i remember reading the phrase low budget tasers in these forums. I couldn't help thinking about it.
Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a section on the end of an EL blade that had a light current going through it? you could duel someone and while dueling you could get and give a shock to whoever you're dueling. It would be what paintball is to laser tag, it would give a little incestive no to lose a duel. I don't know if its posible, but i'd be cool. Do you guys think thats possible?

Nightwing
12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Not sure if it's possible, or for that matter, safe. What if you dropped your saber in a bush or something? Would the bush catch fire? Other than that, I think it might be cool, though I don't really see the point considering the PolyC blades are already pretty hard.

DannMann99
12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
well. to get shocked you'd probably need to duel naked... if your into that stuff i guess....

informalmyx
12-02-2005, 08:08 AM
lol speaking from a guy who likes to test deterrents like mace and tasers it dont think it is a good idea i mean the polyc tube feels like steel when you get hit and i have brusies from it to prove that and the electircity could actually kill you if you get hit by a taser but if you interesed in the idea ( god knows why)http://www.personalarms.com/stun_batons.htmsells stun batons i sugest buy one take it apart to figure how it works

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

journeyman171
12-02-2005, 03:21 PM
well i just meant a light zap not like an huge electric shock; like the little toy lighters that just zap you. and then you're like "ahh" and then you pick it back up and trick someone else. i guess i meant it be like paintball is. You know, how paintball hurts a little, but it's not torture and because it hurts a little its more fun than laser tag cause you actually have something to lose.
as far as hitting the other person real hard so they get bruises, i figured that would suck more than a little zap.

Totally not into dueling naked, lol.

ntyatecafe
12-02-2005, 03:29 PM
The problem with that is that it is redundant and ineffective. A light shock would not be felt over the impact of the polyc blade. In other words, when suffering a 'hit' while dualing, getting whacked by the polyc will hurt more than any light shock. Unless you are dualing in ultra slow-mo with very soft impacts...but then where's the fun in that?

On the other hand, for a more realistic approach, you could wrap the polyc in aluminum foil, and then hook the other end up to a car battery... (but you didn't hear it from me)