PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help

Shadar Al'Niende
03-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Since this is not a tutorial, i figured i would put it here for help. I am trying to figure out the wiring for this saber so i can finish it tonight. Here are the components:

Luke ANH 2005 Board
P4 White
Illuminated Green AV
Speaker
Accent LED
Recharge/Kill Port

I know how to wire up most of it, in fact...i had a diagram here. (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x116/TaiDashan/LamniaLukeANHwiring.jpg) The problem i run into is that i realized that i need to wire the accent led and switch led's (and their corresponding resistors) with the switch so that they are not on as soon as the kill key is pulled. If i understand my diagram above this is what would happen...

Can someone explain how i would wire up the leds to work in the way indicated? Or better yet draw up a quick and dirty diagram?

Thanks for your help guys!

Jay-gon Jinn
03-24-2010, 07:54 AM
If you want those accent led's to come on only when the saber is activated, you'll need to wire them in with the main blade led. I usually do this on an MR board by soldering leads to the posts on the bottom of the soundboard where the header plug is attached. Cleans up the wiring that way.

In the following image, the white wire is the positive for the accent led, and the green is the negative.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/MR%20Sound%20Board%20Pictures/104_5382.jpg (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/MR%20Sound%20Board%20Pictures/104_5382.jpg)
To wire up two, just us the positive as a common, and then use one of the other negative terminals for the other led's negative lead.

To save some more wiring, I usually solder the positive wire to the speaker on the positive terminal of the recharge port:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/MR%20Sound%20Board%20Pictures/b0afde4a.jpg (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/MR%20Sound%20Board%20Pictures/b0afde4a.jpg)
The yellow wire there is the speaker positive.

Shadar Al'Niende
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks Jay! Just a couple questions...

The battery and the speaker + leads are the same wire on these boards correct? Also, Since i am a little new to this forgive the dumb sounding question. When you say "just us the positive as a common, and then use one of the other negative terminals for the other led's negative lead." You mean that i can connect two leads to the main led pos under the board similar to your picture, and then run them from there making the solder point "common" ground for the pos leads?

Jay-gon Jinn
03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks Jay! Just a couple questions...

The battery and the speaker + leads are the same wire on these boards correct? Also, Since i am a little new to this forgive the dumb sounding question. When you say "just us the positive as a common, and then use one of the other negative terminals for the other led's negative lead." You mean that i can connect two leads to the main led pos under the board similar to your picture, and then run them from there making the solder point "common" ground for the pos leads?

Yes, positive for the battery and speaker are the same. connect them together however you want. Like I said, it's easiest for me if I'm using a recharge port to connect both wires to the positive terminal on the recharge port, then add another wire to the terminal for the soundboard positive.

And yes, a common positive is using the same positive source for the two leds....but what you can do it run a wire from the board to the positive of the first led, then run a second positive wire from that led to the next one. It might be easier than trying to solder two wires to the bottom of the board. Or, if it's easier for you, solder the two extra positives to the main blade positive lead when you splice the positive for the clash sensor in with it too. Many ways to do it, actually.

Shadar Al'Niende
03-25-2010, 07:37 AM
I see what you are saying now, instead of using the board wire as a common it is easier to use the recharge port leg as a common. That makes sense. :)

....but what you can do it run a wire from the board to the positive of the first led, then run a second positive wire from that led to the next one.

This would be wiring it in series instead of parallel though right?

Or, if it's easier for you, solder the two extra positives to the main blade positive lead when you splice the positive for the clash sensor in with it too

i think this might be easier... Thanks for the expert advice! ;):cool:

FenderBender
03-25-2010, 09:59 AM
No, that's not series. Series is when you wire something like this: Power source Pos---->(+)LED(-)<----->(+)LED2(-)---->Power source NEG

Shadar Al'Niende
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
oh duh... *facepalm*

He was saying to use the pos led pad as a common.....

*hangs head and feels dumb* lol

Jay-gon Jinn
03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
oh duh... *facepalm*

He was saying to use the pos led pad as a common.....

*hangs head and feels dumb* lolYeah, that's what I meant to say. ;)