ill try to get all pics out there in time
tell me what you think
second pic is with camera flash on
Mongo :D
hERES THE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdyADe6O8g

$tarkiller
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Looks good for your first saber! Keep it coming!

Lawrs1
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm liking it alot, that is most impressive for a first saber, keep up the good work

mongo
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
here are some more pics of my X1
Thanks to tim for excellent craftsmanship on parts
And to everyone else for your help in constructing this cool saber.

Crimsonjedi
03-12-2010, 03:19 PM
more profile/sideview shots please. thanks

chaos
03-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Why didn't you just post these in the other thread, instead of making a new one?

mongo
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
new at this ,dont know what other thread your talking about

Lawrs1
03-12-2010, 05:28 PM
He means in this one http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10445

mongo
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
it only lets me upload 5 pictures

Lawrs1
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Then you could do the dreaded double post, or in future upload to somewhere like photobucket, and the link to them that lets you put in more pictures

Jedi-Loreen
03-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes, in this case, double post, instead of making a new thread.

Perhaps Maul will merge them.

Merged... -LM

mongo
03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
HERE IS A FULL VEIW OF MY X1 SABER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdyADe6O8g

cannibal869
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
VERY nice work, especially for your first go!
Looking forward to what else you have in store for the future!

Kal El Rah
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice,very purple nice.;):cool:

jedimastergarcia87
03-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Cool saber. How is the Hypderdyne Labs lightsaber soundboard? I was thinking of trying it out sometime. Soundwise, are they as good as UltraSound or CrystalFocus? I got UltraSound 2.5 in my first MHS saber and its my favorite board so far.

jedimastergarcia87
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I was also wondering if you could wire the Hypderdyne Labs lightsaber soundboard to a standard TCSS LED kit with a Mom switch. Will it fit in the MHS/Speaker combo with the soundboard holder and does it take up alot of space inside the main hilt at all? Thanks for the info.

mongo
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
JMG87-Wat up
The Hyperdyne SD Board is sweet , i highly recommend it.
Comparing it to an ultrasound,the US has only one advantage the LED driver.
Comparing it to a CF-NO COMPARISON--that is the board of the gods.But,
As far as sound production,from what ive seen on the net with the CF,its damn near the same ,the CF plays raw files at 44100khz 16bit the Hyper SD plays wav files at half that speed 22050khz 8bit , so the CF wins by a landslide on format.Response to movement looks to be the same ,pitch orientation -swing movement-force responce-blaster/deflection-boot sound,but the CF has menu selection,the Hyper card can only load 1 sound bank at a time, you have to physically pull out the miro SD card and load another font.Kind of a pain in the ass,but in my set up,i simplified it,so now its way easier to change fonts.
You can create your own sound fonts and load em up
Voltage is 7.2--14v
User adjustable volume control on bottom of card
A 5v clash flash output
IT has vibration motor control you can set intensity of HUM-SWING-CLASH
It has the ability to use both momentary and latching.For LED-It works with a latching dpst switch for standard setup ,For momentary u must use one of tims adjustable LED boards/with the add on board set for momentary,but the card by itself uses both setups.
IT will fit on the MHS combo setup{its actually smaller than an FX vader board} so space is not a problem
anything else,just let me know:mrgreen:

jedimastergarcia87
03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Nice. I will get that soundboard for my Darth Vader like saber then next time I can. (I used the offsite version of the MHS builder, its more fun). XD Its nice the fact that you can use a latching switch from TCSS for this board. There is directions on where to solder everything right? Or since its wireless no soldering to the board is required? If so, whats the best resistor to use for a board like that since its wireless? I will be using a LUXIII red kit from TCSS store. And also, since you gotta use the memory card for the fonts, if you just have one font set, will the clash, swing, hum, and so on still be loaded? The Hyperdyne Labs board seems alotta fun to me.

mongo
03-16-2010, 04:28 PM
The directions for this board can be found in PDF Format found here.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CBEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hyperdynelabs.com%2Fdocs%2Fhy perblade%2FHyperBlade%2520SaberSD%2520sound%2520mo dule.pdf&ei=zgSgS6HDIoWCNNvj_dIM&usg=AFQjCNFoE9uw-zFx06LZTCNcS-NByUXgjQ
It shows you what it does,how to wire it,with pics.
You have to buy the convenience cable to plug into the header.
the only thing that you solder is the Vib motor [optional]

This card is NOT WIRELESS it is a standalone board.
Not a fan of resistors i prefer to use standalone drivers,like the one from the store,but depending on your setup you could use a resistor with a DPST.
You could direct drive a LUX5 with 7.2v [thats the minimum voltage for this card] so it could work with no resistor on a DPST.
Any orher lower voltage LED you must use a resistor or perhaps a puck.
The clash-swing-hum will work on every font you put in,it has a mode.txt file that you configure it by,but your files must adhere to the way the card reads them--like--swing1.wav--clash1.wav--hum.wav--force1.wav and so on.
so check out the pdf.
peace
MONGO:D

cardcollector
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Just be ready for NO customer help and be prepared for the Hd board to break...

jedimastergarcia87
03-16-2010, 05:59 PM
The Hyperdyne Labs lightsaber soundboard breaks alot? :/ Thought it was a great board to have. Especially since US isn't available anymore and CF always sells out like crazy. How would the board break?

cardcollector
03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I have heard all bad things about the board (no delivery after payment, board breaks after in hilt...). No good things at all, except from this one guy.
Also, when I visited their website I got a alert from my anti-virus software my computer was being attacked with spyware...

For the same price you can get a driver board and a MR sound... Much better IMO.

A council member can tell you more if they wish. Discussion of this board isn`t really good to begin with.

mongo
03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Are you sure your not talking about the sabersound 1.0 from that saberforge guy?
Board hasnt broke yet,and never got a virus where i got it.

cardcollector
03-17-2010, 05:59 AM
most definetly...

I`m not telling you not to buy it, just be prepared for the worst if you do.

I hink it is waaaay overpriced as well. the CF doesn't even sell for that much!

mongo
03-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Actually CC
this board only cost $119 and it works great.
I would looooooooooooooove a CF-but cant get one.

Shadar Al'Niende
03-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Any chance we could see the wiring on this puppy? I'm interested :D

Crystal Chambers
03-19-2010, 05:21 AM
I was totally against HD when they where only offering a remote to PC card, and holding a patent they weren't taking full advantage of, but I'm now changing my mind.

As stated on their site they have no warranty what so ever. I'm not sure that they would have any obligation to refund or replace any bad boards. So if you get a bad one, then you might be outta luck.

Otherwise by the time you add a driver you're roughly at the price of a CF. Which doesn't bother me if they're available when I can't get a CF. Best case scenario is WAY better then MR IMO because you can install any font or make your own and that MIGHT be worth the risk.

One very cool thing about them is there's not much soldering to do at all. So less risk of damaging the board when wiring it.

xl97
03-19-2010, 09:38 AM
so the board is $119? and this does or does NOT include an LED driver??

Shadar Al'Niende
03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
not... apparently it is supposed to have voltage regulation on the board though...

Skottsaber
03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
V Cool saber. I thought that the SD card was mounted onto the board? How is yours off-board?

beggarsoutpost
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
so the board is $119? and this does or does NOT include an LED driver??No driver...

mongo
03-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey there,
Your right crystal ,with the card -add led driver,cable-motor-SDcard total for set up is about $160 ,so almost the price of a CF--but try to find one:eek:
when i ordered 2 of them i asked the guy if it arrives and dosent work what do i do he told me hat if it was,to return it for a workup to see if i cooked it or it was defective,if i cooked it im _S.O.L,if defective he would send a new one.
i thought that was fair-no probs yet-dont foresee any either.
Shadar------------
There is voltage reg on the card but its just for motor-although you could use it to run an LED youd just have to set your values correctly in the mode .txt file to avoid BAKED Alaska:(
Skottsaber-----------
In my X1 thread i have pics of how i mounted the microSD card.
I custom made a cable using a spare microSD card , a computer IDE cable,and a regular SD connector cut from a computer card reader board filed to fit in my pommel

This board has NO driver ,it is standalone

Shadar Al'Niende
03-19-2010, 04:59 PM
so the voltage regulator only runs from the motor leads? :confused: Also, can you tell us what the voltage drop across the board is?

mongo
03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes ,just from the motor leads.
but it also has a seperate clash flash +5v output.
The voltage for the board is {min 7.2v-max 14v}

ARKM
03-19-2010, 09:31 PM
In the PDF, it states somewhere that the min is 6V but in another part of the PDF it states 7V (not 7.2)... I think. Please don't quote me on that.