PDA

View Full Version : MR Soundboard w/ Luxeon 3 LED???

GreeneyedJedi420
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
is it possible to run a luxeon 3 led with a mr sound board and battery pack/speaker???

i have an mhs hilt, and luxeon 3, and would like to construct a crystal core if possible, i have the crystals, the crystal chamber extension, but needa chasis and leds.

Im curious on how the wire diagram wud go between the mr sound board and led as well as whether or not you can wire and how to wire up extra leds for the crystal chamber??

DJMoonbass
03-10-2010, 06:06 PM
hello and welcome to the forums. obviously you have LOADS of reading to do as this is a DIY forum. we are happy to help you but we prefer if you try and help yourself first. try the links in LDM (lord dotorre matto) sig and also refer yourself to wiring schematics AND saber sound.

try this thread
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8593

also take advantage of the search feature in the long red bar on the top. it helps greatly. there are loads of topics about constructing crystal chambers. as well as different methods of doing so. READ READ READ. thats the best information i can give.

and now for the spoon feeding.

YES you can run a luxeon 3 with a sound card. just be sure NOT NEVER DO NOT EVER feed the board more than 6 volts it will fry the board. but all you need to do is follow the diagram in the link i gave you and your set. no resistors needs.

as for the crystal chamber most people here use washers or MPS insert style 6 and brass or steel rods to construst a small chamber to house the crystal in. you can run the LEDs in parrallel off the main board, just be sure to resistor it properly. i would search for more detailed examples/

now i would say thats enough spoon feeding. :mrgreen: enjoy yourself here at TCSS and dont get overwhelmed with all the information. i was EXACTLY where you were once. it just takes time. ;)

DJ OUT

cardcollector
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey there, I`ll chime in too.
To answer your question, yes its possible but you don`t want to give it more than 5volts. It can take 6volts but the boards act quircky sometimes...

You should try and search a question before you ask. I`ve got a link on how to use the search function in my sig. That should give a a good starting point.

Can`t wait to see your future sabers!

DJMoonbass
03-11-2010, 01:18 PM
ive never had ANY problem with running 6 volts through them. but it might be a better idea to not run them that high. after all that is the max they can take. i would suggest maybe 4 nihm batteries for a total operating voltage of 4.8 volts and not 6. ;)

Cantina Chef
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
I recently built a saber with a Yoda FX, Lux 3 green led, premium speaker from TCSS and i used a single 3.7 li-ion trustfire (the big one) with a recharge port and it works perfect. bright, loud, no issues. Run time was decent as well.

DJMoonbass
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
yeah the 18650s work good to.

cannibal869
03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
ive never had ANY problem with running 6 volts through them. but it might be a better idea to not run them that high. after all that is the max they can take. i would suggest maybe 4 nihm batteries for a total operating voltage of 4.8 volts and not 6. ;)

I got a Yoda recently that just would *NOT* take 6V, but ran perfectly fine with 4.5V (stock). :-?<shrug> oh well... go figure.

Huh... a single trustfire will work to power an MR board? Really? cool...
-C

DJMoonbass
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
yeah the yoda boards are alot smaller.

Lord Dottore Matto
03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I got a Yoda recently that just would *NOT* take 6V, but ran perfectly fine with 4.5V (stock). :-?<shrug> oh well... go figure.

Huh... a single trustfire will work to power an MR board? Really? cool...
-C

LOL, you guys remember ALL of the sabers I post with 3.7V Li-ion battery packs? You can even run 2 in parallel for MONSTER run times. ;)