PDA

View Full Version : Blade help! Poly C Tubing

jedi_knight_73
11-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey guys I know we have a few links that we can use to find our parts for out lightsabers to make blades such as <font color="red">-----</font id="red"> and <font color="red">-----</font id="red"> and a couple of others but what I found ut is that they don't carry the size of polycarbonate tubing that we need for out lightsaber blades. Did anyone else notice this?I contacted <font color="red">------</font id="red"> about needing tubing of 1" OD and 3?4" ID 1/" walled and they do not have it! Is there some other alternate of size of tubing that anyone is using for this? I wanted to make sure the tubing was strong enough for dueling and don't want it to break or crack. Can someone help out a desperate Jedi?[?] Thanks guys![:D]

Scott

suit_man
11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
hmmm, not sure why people keep asking about other stores. did you not realize that this forum is part of a site that is actually that sells just about everything you need to build a lightsaber?

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Strydur
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
[xx(][V][:(][;)]

CLICK ON "HOME" AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE!!!

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

jedi_knight_73
11-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Okay guys I am sorry if I seem to offend anybody about looking around at other places for parts. I saw these other places listed on an online lightsaber guide. Okay in me saying this can I ask something - So you do have to have the blade diameter 1 inch in order for it work correctly? I know the clear acrylic end caps are 1 inch in diameter so I take it I would have to go with that particular diameter? I am sorry for asking dumb questions I am new at this and just wanna do the right thing here guys. Thanks![:D]

Strydur
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
All of the info needed to build a LED or EL lightsaber is on these forums. All it takes is reading through all of the different threads.

If you want to figure something out take some of your own time to research things before you ask questions..dont ask others to do it for you.

If you want to find cheaper products than what I sell <which you wont> then go look for yourself. I can understand being cheap but dont be lazy to boot.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

suit_man
11-30-2005, 09:11 PM
yeah, tim has great prices on everything, plus he will work with you to help you out.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

vadeblade
12-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Tim,

How about a sticky thread on The Custom Saber Shop forum ETIQUETTE and Codes of Conduct.

Like; Don't mention buying from other stores, research befor you ask, read the FAQS, be kind and courteous, etc, etc.

I don't understand these people who come into this forum connected to your Shop and ask how to buy from somewhere else. It's just rude.

-V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

ntyatecafe
12-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Well, I wonder how many people just google for forums related to lightsabers, or follow links. They may not realize that this *is* a shop's forum (even though it is named "the custom saber Shop").

That being said, I'll add one other thing. I've looked around at many different online parts shops...not because I don't want to buy from Tim, but because I just want to see what everyone offers (plus I get bored, and it gives me something to do)...I gotta say in my experience, Tim's shop definately has the best prices and service. He may not have every little widget out there, but if he sees a rising demand for something he doesn't have, he sure does add it in quick!

LAN-ED-TUL
12-02-2005, 07:54 AM
yeah, an ettiquete sticky. good idea.

jedi_knight_73
12-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Okay guys I get it, don't bite my head off. Like I done said I am new at this thing and I was looking around to see what others offered as well. I am not lazy by the way I did about as much research as possible. I mean really is there anyhting wrong with looking around? No. Everybody does it no matter what hobby they are into. I don't think anybody here needs to make it a personal issue just because some guy is looking to see what else is offrered. In that being said I won't leave any more forums unless I need some kind of help building a lightsaber or something. Sorry I insulted anyone.[:(]

Strydur
12-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Nobody said there was anything wrong with looking around.

Imagine you work at Mervyns and a customer comes to you and says
"I like these pants but can I buy them for less at Sears?"

Now which of the following would you want to respond with?

A. Sure I know the prices of every store..you can actually save $2 by buying them there instead.

B. Smack them upside the head and say "go look for your damn self!!"

C. I dont know the prices of other stores but we generally are very competitive. If you want Sears is at the other end of the mall and I can hold these for you while you go check thier prices.

Personally I would love to do B.. But from a customer service standpoint I would usually do something along the lines of C. Just a demonstration to help you understand where my comments where coming from.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

jedi_knight_73
12-05-2005, 06:53 AM
To be clear I am not being rude about asking for parts at other places. I think some people are just being ridicukous. I apologize about what I posted; I guess I should not have posted it. I apologize directly to you Tim. I was not trying to cause any heat. I am new at this. Sorry for what was said.

Scott[V]

robt666
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
" i done said " i think a bit more then etiquette i needed hmmm [:D]