PDA

View Full Version : my ultrasound 2.5 test #2

DJMoonbass
03-09-2010, 09:44 PM
i figured why not. i had alot of fun i was in a good mood and jacked up on rockstars.

well the first test a while back was good, but seconds after i damaged the board by using epoxy :mad::mad::mad: my bad. noob mistake. and i guess it tore some traces out. well i sent it to kal who sent it to don who fixed it and sent it back.

well then i get it back. get it wired back up and STILL nothin. called up kal. did some trouble shooting with the handy dandy multimeter. turns out the PCB is bad so i need a new one and i also tested my speaker and its bad to so i need a new one of THOSE as well. so all i need is a new PCB, new speaker and ill give it a new recharge port to just to be safe. well i did manage to test the board in an EXTREEME WAY! BWAHAHAHAHAH! lol ahem.... anyway. heres the vid. made for my present customer.

enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2XsurPzmo

Lord Dottore Matto
03-09-2010, 10:20 PM
LOL, stereo speaker FTW!:D

Jedi-Loreen
03-10-2010, 01:05 AM
"PCB" is actually a generic acronym for Printed Circuit Board.

Kal El Rah
03-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Great vid DJ, glad my temporary speaker idea worked out forya. Now be more careful with the board this time.;):cool::rolleyes:

Crystal Chambers
03-10-2010, 05:28 AM
hehe, dude too funny. "(flicker setting five)now that's just stupid"..lol. I get the same way when I'm running on too much coffee.

I'm not too crazy about the flicker on US 2.5 but better then nothing. I like 3 or 4 myself. Ideally I think the blade flicker should match the audio, but that board won't do it. I also think that one of the accent LEDs should blink when the blade is active.

I can't believe it powered that speaker...now you need a bigger saber..lol

Thanks for sharing!

cardcollector
03-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Words fail me...

DJMoonbass
03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
yeah it was a fun little test i enjoyed it. the stereo speaker is just awesome. thanks alot to kal el rah and do clo for all there help. they are very awesome.

ultrasounds are nice i have to say. easy to assemble when everything goes right and good quaity sound. the flicker though is just to strobey.

anyway ill keep you folks updated on the ultrasound progress;)

Darth Biff
03-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Greetings all,

Crystal: I'm wondering if you couldn't get a nice accent LED blink with a simple 555 timer circuit? I haven't wired one up in a while, but my trusty ol' TI CMOS Logic handbook would help me out. Maybe if I try one on my next project, I'll let you know how (if) it works...:?

Crystal Chambers
03-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Greetings all,

Crystal: I'm wondering if you couldn't get a nice accent LED blink with a simple 555 timer circuit? I haven't wired one up in a while, but my trusty ol' TI CMOS Logic handbook would help me out. Maybe if I try one on my next project, I'll let you know how (if) it works...:?

Thanks for the heads up. I've made good use of the accents on the US 2.5 but would still like to know for future builds. I like the blinky.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Greetings all,

Either that, or just buy a blinking led to start with.