PDA

View Full Version : Tactile Switches on Obi Styled Hilts

Crimsonjedi
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
So I have been looking through the threads and have seen some pics and descriptions, but not exactly what I was looking for. I am working on a obi-wan ep.III styled hilt and want to use a smaller tactile switch to control it. My problem is I am not sure where the placement of the switch should be or how to secure it. If anyone has suggestions (or even pics of the innards of their hilt), I would be immensely grateful if you could share with me. Thanks

eastern57
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
If you're using the Graflex clamp, you can fit them in there. The switch would sit between the bars and the clamp body. You have to electrically isolate the metal from the switch connections, and you'll have to reduce the switch sides a little... nothing a file or sand paper can't solve. ;)

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=5134&page=3

Lord Dottore Matto
03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
check the CF 4.2 MKIII I just posted. Good pictures there of exactly what you are asking.;)

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10394

DJMoonbass
03-09-2010, 08:46 PM
they helped me... ;) LDM has this mastered well. in fact i dont think there is anything he DOESNT have mastered. ;)

Lord Dottore Matto
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
they helped me... ;) LDM has this mastered well. in fact i dont think there is anything he DOESNT have mastered. ;)

I still don't know the meaning of life.;)

ADTguy
03-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I've also been looking for similar information to no avail. perhaps im not looking in the right places. im looking to build a luke rotj mhs piece and would like to have the activation switch beneath the card in the graflex clamp (pressing the card activates the saber). ive seen it done but not found much information regarding the process and parts to do so.... any info?

Jedi-Loreen
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
That's been done too.

Check out the Gallery for more Luke and Obi-wan builds.

Crimsonjedi
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Thank you one and all. Eastern & LDM those pics were quite helpful. One last question. What do you use to hold the switches in place? Glue, JB weld, something else? Thanks again!

cardcollector
03-10-2010, 06:02 PM

I do...:D

eastern57
03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Thank you one and all. Eastern & LDM those pics were quite helpful. One last question. What do you use to hold the switches in place? Glue, JB weld, something else? Thanks again!

You can if you want to... but it's fairly tight quarters, so it's not going anywhere.

Crimsonjedi
03-10-2010, 08:14 PM
good to know. thanks

Jonitus
03-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I do...:D

To crush your enemies; to see them driven before you; to hear the lamentation of their women?

Lord Dottore Matto
03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
To crush your enemies; to see them driven before you; to hear the lamentation of their women?

That has to be it! :mrgreen:

ADT...I do it on every V2 ROTJ build. It is super easy. PM me for detail pix.

Novastar
03-11-2010, 02:09 AM

That has to be it! :mrgreen:What the heck?!?!?

This is pretty IRONIC as far as I'm concerned, since... I was sort of "ruminating" recently, and... I dunno... came to my own thinking on what *I* believe the purpose of life is:

The Three Purposes of Life (by Novastar) (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=app_2347471856&id=611152342#%21/photo.php?pid=4091552&id=611152342)

I don't know if it's meaningful to EVERYONE... but... I sure think it's the only way for ME to understand it. :)

Anyhow... yup, tactile switches on Obi Hilts have been done under the clamp... but beware: with too much "abuse/usage" of the saber--it can mess with the little tactiles (if they are the little 'joystick' style ones)...

cardcollector
03-11-2010, 06:24 AM

Ok, someone has been watching to, many medival movies...:rolleyes::D

Not quite, I`m not allowed to say on the public forums...(if you really want to know-pm me)

De-rail OVER!

Darth Reklar
04-04-2010, 08:47 PM

That's simple...

mihunai
04-05-2010, 05:45 AM
That's simple...

*sigh*
If you want to know the meaning of life,
you need the to ask the right question.

You dont know the right question, do you?
Come back in, say, 7.2 billion years, and i'll tell you ;)

Until then, yes. It's 42.

mTm