PDA

View Full Version : led bubblestrips

Ironphoenix
03-07-2010, 12:23 AM
So I realize that a potential flame is on the way for this one but I can't seem to find anything on the forums about the led bubblestrips Tim sells. I don't want to fry such a pricey item and i believe that I have the right idea, but I always double check the forums before wiring up a circuit. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Ironphoenix
03-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Cool, thanks. I couldn't have done it without you.:roll:

Crystal Chambers
03-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Rough...I don't know anymore then the description given in the store myself. Have you read that?

Oh and the red one does have a review as well.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-21-2010, 10:17 AM
From Tim himself in a pm to me regarding how it works:

It has a momentary switch that functions as a latching switch. Push the button once and the circuit is closed..push it again and the circuit opens. So yes basically it is a latching switch that has LED's to show it is on. You do not have to use the output if you dont want to.The output wire is the yellow one you see on the bar graph. I believe it is an extension of the positive lead. That one can be used to feed whatever voltage you are using from your battery pack by using a common ground to drive an led in a non-sound stunt saber. I haven't actually used one myself, but that is my understanding of how it can be used.....and i could be wrong....;)

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Can you use it with a saber that does have sound? Wired to pass battery power to the soundboard maybe? Or would using the recommended resistor interfere with that? I confess I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this part too.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Can you use it with a saber that does have sound? Wired to pass battery power to the soundboard maybe? Or would using the recommended resistor interfere with that? I confess I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this part too.
I'm not sure, I've yet to actually use one myself. I'm there's someone here that has though...

Skottsaber
03-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Didn't J-Lo use one?

(J-Lo, If i'm wrong....... which ferarri do you want?)

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-22-2010, 08:07 AM
If anyone here has used one with a soundboard posting a wiring diagram/pics would be MOST appreciated, Please. Thank You

Jedi-Loreen
03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Didn't J-Lo use one?

(J-Lo, If i'm wrong....... which ferarri do you want?)
No.

Where did you ever get that idea? :confused:
I would have posted something in this thread about it if I had.

How about an F430? ;)

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/images/Ferrari/ferrari-f430-spider-1.jpg

Skottsaber
03-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey, Mrs Queen of El & Grammar, I never said WHO would give you that Ferarri, or if you would even get one. (Play this. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/TCSS%20Posts/Laughing..wav):p)

I think it was because of the review on the red one, dueler, TCSS parts, there are some similarities.

cannibal869
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Just FYI - I posted about this in another thread too
the yellow wire is the output NEGATIVE
;)

Still trying to figure out if there is a need for a resistor though...