PDA

View Full Version : TCSS C5 meet up?

$tarkiller
03-04-2010, 12:09 AM
So here's the status. We all talk and goof around here, and I know a few of us including myself are attending C5. I had in mind that some of the people going should all meet up for a chill session at the local steakhouse. If this appeals to anyone, then post here with any other ideas you might have. I will be heading this up and getting everything together as far as booking things if we decide to eat somewhere, etc. If you've already posted here that you're attending, and it draws nearer and you can't make it, let me know so I can take you from the list. I'm interested in everyones ideas so make them known!

PhoenixReborn
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I would, but its expensive to go to C5 man...

Do-Clo
03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I am planing on being there

Guardianofwinds
03-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Im all over this idea like white on rice....except the price it's like 120 just to get in for the weekend. I dont' know about you, but I'd rather be spending that money toward lightsabers or bills. More likely the former.

E-relivent
03-05-2010, 01:51 PM
What and where is C5?

$tarkiller
03-05-2010, 02:09 PM
lol^^^ C5 is short for Celebration five. It is a Star Wars Convention. It is in Orlando, Florida, from August 11th-15th.

Cantina Chef
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
August 12-15 Orlando and it's a starwars celebration (5th one?)....like a huge starwars based convention....would love to go but could only make it for sunday and between flight and ticket not really worth only one day of bliss

Lord Maul
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
This can be the official thread for C5 get togethers on the forums. Stickied.

$tarkiller
03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks, Alec! I appreciate it!

DarthTalon
03-05-2010, 05:04 PM
i'll totally be at c5, and would love to meet those of you who will be there! keep me posted on the details!

$tarkiller
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Darth Talon, Don, Alan, and Wade, you have been added to the list.
Edit: Thaxos has also been added, as well as Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie and Dakarn

Dakarn
03-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I'll be there, it'll be great to meet everyone!

Blue Fox
03-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I am planning on going too. enough said.:mrgreen:

$tarkiller
03-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Updated list:
Darth Talon
Don (Do-Clo)
Alan,
Wade (Rhyen Skytracker)
Thaxos
Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
Dakarn
Blue Fox
Cordaroyfog
^His wife^
Fawnheart2000

Madcow
03-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately I can not attend, but I have a request.

I would love to see a pic of all the bearers of Crystal Focus powered lightsabers together! there might even be a couple of mine in there.

Just a thought.

MC

$tarkiller
03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately I can not attend, but I have a request.

I would love to see a pic of all the bearers of Crystal Focus powered lightsabers together! there might even be a couple of mine in there.

Just a thought.

MC

I will make sure and get that picture to you! What kind of picture would you like?

cordaroyfog
03-06-2010, 09:11 PM
looks like the wife and I will be there, not 100% sure yet but pretty darn close.

fawnheart2000
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I'll only be attending on Saturday, but I only live an hour away so keep me informed.

$tarkiller
03-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll only be attending on Saturday, but I only live an hour away so keep me informed.

Will do. You have been added to the list as well as Cordaroyfog and his wife.

sekrogue1985
03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
if i wasn't the best man at a wedding i'd totally be there.

Jasten Skywalker
03-08-2010, 09:25 AM
My brother and I are going, so add me +1 to the list. I'll bring the V2 with a CF that Madcow did for me when I first got into sabers. It's still my favorite.

$tarkiller
03-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Updated list:
Darth Talon
Don (Do-Clo)
Alan, (Fender)
Wade (Rhyen Skytracker)
Thaxos
Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
Dakarn
Blue Fox
Cordaroyfog
^His wife^
Fawnheart2000
Jasten Skywalker
^^Dude that he is bringing^^
Djmoonbass
Jase kala Maris
Darth Xanthus
Farlander
Fawnheart2000

DJMoonbass
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
dont forget the DEEJ! ill be there with my merc vode!

Jase Kala Maris
03-08-2010, 11:40 PM
WOW! Reeeeally?!?! Star Wars C5! This is going to be Huge! Biggest Star Wars convention in how long? I can't believe more peeps aren't going to this!
Well you should be ashamed of yourselves! Nerfhearders the lot of you!

I'm going. I live in Miami now so it's not that far of a drive for me! yah! but even if I still lived in NJ I would have booked a 50 buck flight on Spirit Air or Jetblue or something! come on peeps what's the good of having all these great sabers without showing them off at the biggest of Star Wars conventions!

Just my two cents…

(NOTE: this is more of a joke then flame!!! and maybe a little guilt trip also, I'd like to meet some peeps there I've spoken with online.)

A couple of suggestions about this thread if I could... rename or add to the subject "Star Wars Celebration 5 Orlando" I knew about the convention and it still took me a moment to realize what it was about. (the thread)

Also you should just keep editing the first post with a list of peeps going to the show instead of adding posts, just easier for peeps to see when they first look at this thread, but that's just my opinion.

Comeon guys go to this!

$tarkiller
03-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Haha. I knew it was a joke but thanks for clarifying it. Your name has been added to the list, and I appreciate your input and suggestions and they will be taken into account and thought about.

farlander
03-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Hmmm, I feel the need for TCSS t-shirts, as a way of ID-ing ourselves. Don't mark me down quiet yet, still waiting for some job contracting issues to settle out, but I hope to see you all there.

DJMoonbass
03-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Oh t shirts are awesome!!!! Great idea tim we want to buy t shirts!!!!! And more window decals to even out my car!

cardcollector
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Oh t shirts are awesome!!!! Great idea tim we want to buy t shirts!!!!! And more window decals to even out my car!

I second that. I don`t know profit/loss wise on custom shirt printing... but I would definetely buy one (or two or three...) if it was under $30...

farlander
03-11-2010, 06:52 AM
I second that. I don`t know profit/loss wise on custom shirt printing... but I would definetely buy one (or two or three...) if it was under $30...

I'd recommend doing something through CafePress.com, that way you have options of colors, fabrics, and even other items like coffee mugs, mouse pads, stickers, clocks, etc. Personally, if I could get a TCSS polo, I'd be sporting it at work for sure!

$tarkiller
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Those are all great ideas! I like everyone's opinion on the shirts. Now back on track C5 anyone? :D

Madcow
03-11-2010, 11:12 PM
I will make sure and get that picture to you! What kind of picture would you like?

Sweet,
No preference - juts a picture of all the CF sabers would be cool.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Yay! My holidays were approved for the week of CV. One step closer!

Next step: passport. Then figure out how to pay for the trip.

Sweet,
No preference - juts a picture of all the CF sabers would be cool.

I'll be bringing my CF sabers!

Darth Xanthus
03-19-2010, 02:42 PM
I will be there.

I have a suite at the Clarion.

$tarkiller
03-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Lance= Added

Jase Kala Maris
04-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Is anyone costumeing? If so what you wearing? I was thinking about it but it's going to be so hot. Just a thought.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm making myself a new Jedi costume. The one I currently have is a very heavy material. I found some nice cotton material with coarse texture. It should be a lot lighter.

Thaxos
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Yay! My holidays were approved for the week of CV. One step closer!

Next step: passport. Then figure out how to pay for the trip.

I'll be bringing my CF sabers!

I totally forgot about a passport, I better get on that right away :o

Jase Kala Maris
04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
my costume is very light wrinklely :confused: material, but that's not the problem. It's all the layers. So, I think I'm not going to costume now...

And also there is this Belstaff Blouson Jacket I've been really wanting... It's crazy expensive and I still need to make a shoto to match my saber that I'm building for the contest. Just don't have the money to buy more fabric and make another costume... with my luck my dream girl will be there and dressed up and she'll shoot me down cuse I'm not in costume!:cry:

I'll be bringing 2 of my sabers with me.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-24-2010, 05:24 PM
My convention experience is limited to two trips to Fan Expo in Toronto, but I found that if I showed up in costume, I could hardly walk 20 feet without someone wanting to take my picture or see my sabers. For the first day or two, I might just show up in civvies, so I can look around and enjoy myself.

Darth Zion
05-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I just booked my hotel and ordered my passes. Also the first day is my bday so I am very excited. I cant wait to meet you guys and see your custom creations upclose.

je-rel drood
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm going. Booked my hotel (the one with the IHOP in it) got my VIP pass.

I might be in costume, but the only decent costume I have is in linen. Ugh. I was gonna not check my luggage (therefore not able to bring a lightsaber) but if I'm costuming, I'll have to check my luggage. Now the thing is, do I trust the airlines to NOT run their greasy paws through my unmentionables when they see a metal tube full of electronics in my suitcase.

LordValk
05-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I will most likely be going with my two brothers. Ill also be costuming for at least one of the days. I did have one question for those of you have traveled with your sabers in the past. What is the best way to get the blade for the sabers where youre going?(since most luggage isnt big enough to fit the blades inside)

FenderBender
05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Rifle case or golf club tube.

KuroChou
05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I would use a fishing pole tube, perhaps inside a flag sleeve.

Skottsaber
05-23-2010, 01:37 AM
I also realised today that a 30" blade will fit in my hockey stick bag. I can also fit a hilt in there if not connected to the blade. I can strap the bag on my back.

Thaxos
05-23-2010, 10:12 AM
It has been finalized that I will be attending CV as well :D

Obi-Ben
05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Is it always in Orlando? If so, it would be nice if they moved it around every year so people who can't afford to travel such distances could attend. That's what they do with Botcon (Transformers convention).

beggarsoutpost
05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Is it always in Orlando? If so, it would be nice if they moved it around every year so people who can't afford to travel such distances could attend. That's what they do with Botcon (Transformers convention).
No... it's been in Denver, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, and now in Orlando....

Obi-Ben
05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Shoot. Indianapolis is a pretty short drive from here. Considering all the sci-fi stuff I've loved through the years, it's kind of surprising I've never been to a convention of anything.

DaJoQuim
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
This old man will be there in costume lol.

sks1138
05-26-2010, 06:18 PM
I live in Orlando. I'll most likely be there. Never been to any kind of convention before. Being unemployed at the moment I'll probably just go for one day though. :(

Nineteen
06-04-2010, 10:05 PM
It is official! I'm going to be attending C5. Just let me know where and when we'll be meeting, and I am SO there!

redeyejedi
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey guys! I'll be there. I'm not on the forums that much and I'm a noob, but I'd realy like to chill and get a chance to meet some folks with the same passion for lightsabers that I have at the greatest event of the decade! CV!!

Darth Astronimus
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I was gona go with my girlfreind and a buddy buuut i thought it was in CA's OC hhahaha not in Florida so sorry maybe next year:D

Eomund
06-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Count me and my fiancee in. No word yet on if we'll be costuming.

slothfurnace
07-08-2010, 06:43 AM
I think my wife and I will be there, so add me tentatively to the list. That is if I can talk work into letting me off for it.

Are you guys bringing your sabers?

I could bring my obi, and possibly my graflex if it's finished in time.

Eomund
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I think my wife and I will be there, so add me tentatively to the list. That is if I can talk work into letting me off for it.

Are you guys bringing your sabers?

I could bring my obi, and possibly my graflex if it's finished in time.

Definitely bringing my saber. Hope to have my girlfriend's done by then as well. Please bring your Obi-wan. Bring your Graflex w/ the chassis too--even if it's not finished! lol I'd love to see that thing in person.

Dakarn
07-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Any plans on when and where? C5 is getting closer...

Eomund
07-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah, any word on the meet-up? I'm only planning on going to C5 for one or two days, and want to plan those around our meeting.

JediMahi
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
I plan on being there.

Jedi Ranger
07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I will be there! I am in the process of trying to figure out how I'll bring my Mando and one of my Jedi variants down there.

I should also have my Mando trading cards in hand by then, so if you see me (and recognize me, in or out of armour), introduce yourself!

If you need/want to know who to look for, post back here or PM me and I'll post a link to my Mando page.

$tarkiller
07-27-2010, 01:53 PM
So, C5 is right around the corner. I am waiting on a very valueable part of ym costume. Whether or not it arrives before C5 determines on whether or not I'll be there. If in the case that I am not, who would like to take over the responsibility of getting everyone together as well as Madcow's pics?

cordaroyfog
07-28-2010, 04:25 PM
should we all have nametags with our fx and or tcss names on them? so we can tell who we all are? just a thought and maybe im just a noob lol

Eomund
07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Probobly not a bad idea.

What day(s) is everyone expecting to attend? We should probably meet when the majority of us will be there.

JediMahi
07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a 4-day pass, live in the area, and have the time off work. I plan on being there for the first 3 days but most likely not on sunday.

Eomund
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
I imagine the bulk of attendance will be on Fri & Sat. I propose we shoot for one of those two days.

Eomund
08-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Orlando members: any suggestions on a place to meet in the area?

And is anyone opposed to a Saturday meeting?

Dakarn
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM
There are a few good places closeby to meet.

We could meet at the Orlando Ale House on International Drive, its down the street from the convention center. Its a family restaurant so people under 21 can go as well. Food and drink are affordable, they have large high top tables for bigger groups. No idea if they take reservations.

Saturday works for me, just needs to be after the Lucas/Stewart show. Saturday evening?

Eomund
08-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, it'll definitally have to be after the main event, maybe even after the convention lets out for the day.

cordaroyfog
08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
There is a thread on a fx about a saturday night to meet up

Eomund
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Hmm...may still have to do separate parties. They have a pretty big list and so do we.

Opinions please: who wants to abandon ship and migrate to the FX party, and who wants a separate TCSS meet up? Looks like they are making reservations on the 8th.

JediMahi
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I dont think we should abandon ship. I do however think we should try to do it on a different day so maybe some people could go to both. The poll on FX-Sabers has Saterday in the lead for their meet up, maybe we could do it on Fri. Just my two cents.

Eomund
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Ok, so we are planning for Fri. tentatively. I'm still looking up restaurants, preferably some place that takes reservations.

I've ordered a new battery charger for my camera and will try to get Madcow's CF saber pic. But if the charger doesn't come in, I assume someone will have a camera. lol

**Update: So, apparently there are going to be a ton of Star Wars parties at the Ale House at 8 PM. The only time slot I was able to get was 5 PM on Friday. I've booked for a group of 15 to be on the safe side. I know everybody has already confirmed for 8 PM, but please do come at 5 PM if you can make it. My apologies for not having this booked sooner. Again we're now meeting Friday at 5 PM at the Orlando Ale House on 8963 International Drive. Continue to check this post for updates.**

Here's the list of members coming (as far as I know):

Alan (Fender)
Blue Fox
Cordaroyfog + 1 -- CONFRIMED
DaJoQuim
Dakarn -- CONFRIMED
Darth Talon
Darth Xanthus -- CONFRIMED
Darth Zion -- CONFRIMED
DJmoonbass
Don (Do-Clo) + 1 -- CONFRIMED
Eomund (me) + 1 -- CONFRIMED
Farlander
Fawnheart2000
Jase Kala Maris
Jasten Skywalker + 1
Jedi Ranger
JediMahi -- CONFRIMED
Je-rel drood
LordValk + 2
Nineteen -- CONFRIMED
Redeyejedi
sks1138
slothfurnace + 1
Thaxos
Wade (Rhyen Skytracker)
$tarkiller (if his helmet comes in on time)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry. You can take me off the list.

I was hoping to go, but it just didn't work out.

Eomund
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Obi-Dar. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe next time.

So, I've done some calling around and I think that the Ale House on International Drive is our best bet. The menu looks pretty varied, reasonably priced, and they take reservations for large groups. With that in mind, let me throw out a day and time. How does 8 PM on Friday sound to everyone?

I'll need everyone to confirm, but rather than clogging up the thread, please PM me and I will just update the list.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
This little guy is taking my place.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-goes-to-convention.jpg

$tarkiller
08-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I knew the FX peeps were gonna do that after I mentioned it over here. Whoever wants to meet with the TCSS crew can, and whoever wants to meet with the FX crew can. If I go, I'll be with the TCSS crew.

bigbret50
08-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I know I've turned into a troll on the boards lately and have been AWOL for almost a year but I just got the good news I am going (only fo rThursday though) I'll be checking out the sabers though so hopefully I'll see some TCSS folks there.

Just had to share with folks that appreciate C5.

Darth Xanthus
08-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I hope to be there.:p

<<<ditching the 501st dinner>>>

Eomund
08-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Awesome Xanthus! I'll just go ahead and mark you confirmed.

Darth Zion
08-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Almost there. I can't wait to meet some of u in person. Is any one staying at the Embassy on international dr? Also is any one planning on attending the Star Wars action news/yackface party Thursday night? If so hit me up because that's where I am staying and will def be partying like it's 1999.

JediMahi
08-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I plan on being there. So just mark me as confirmed.

Eomund
08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
**Update: So, apparently there are going to be a ton of Star Wars parties at the Ale House at 8 PM. The only time slot I was able to get was 5 PM on Friday. I've booked for a group of 15 to be on the safe side. I know everybody has already confirmed for 8 PM, but please do come at 5 PM if you can make it. My apologies for not having this booked sooner. Again we're now meeting Friday at 5 PM at the Orlando Ale House on 8963 International Drive.**

Darth Zion
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Big surprise there is a bunch of star wars parties. I am dwn. I am staying just up the road so I am def dwn for some good food a drinks. We mite all have to do some dueling. How about everone post up where they are staying.

Onei8
08-11-2010, 06:00 AM
Well there is a hoth dj party at icebar on 13th and 14th.... Everyone that comes in costume gets in free... I think it might be a little strange being in a nightclub that is at 27 degrees all the time....

Jedi-Loreen
08-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Not if you're in Hoth gear. ;)

There's going to be a guy in a full size Wampa costume there one of those nights. :shock:

cordaroyfog
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
not sure if we can make it at 5 now... doesnt look good sorry guys! anyone staying at the ramada?

Eomund
08-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey folks, hope everyone's having a great time at C5. Jedi Mahi and I were at the Ale House at 5. I thought one of the waiters there was gonna wet himself when he saw our sabers--pretty funny. Here's a couple pic of our sabers.

The two on the left are mine and the two on the right are Mahi's. Both of his are CF driven--very nice!
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/Eomund_saber/C5/th_Orlando2010066.jpg (http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/Eomund_saber/C5/?action=view&current=Orlando2010066.jpg)

Mahi's two sabers, the extent of the CF representation. Attn: MadCow.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/Eomund_saber/C5/th_Orlando2010065.jpg (http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/Eomund_saber/C5/?action=view&current=Orlando2010065.jpg)

Anyway, you guys post some of your interesting C5 pictures.

Darth Zion
08-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry I was unable to attend. We had made plans for awhile to go at 8 and when it was changed to 5 it made it hard. There was still alot going on at c5 to bail.

Jedi-Loreen
08-13-2010, 06:01 PM
What, no pics of you? The owners of the sabers?

JediMahi
08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
What can I say? I am a little camra shy.

Onei8
08-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I was hard to break away from CV..... I kinda think you need four days to see everything..... and I wound have showed up at the dinner but I'm new to sabers and really new to the board.... Maybe next time....

Darth Xanthus
08-14-2010, 05:03 AM
So I was at the dinner location with Don, we could not find anyone so we ended up grabbing dinner close to it as their wait time was one hour. Will be there in costume with the folks in my siggy and more.

Eomund
08-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Eh, I think the mistake was in asking members to meet off-site. C5 had plenty of room for us to meet and hang out right there at the convention. Live and learn I guess...

Darth Zion
08-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah it would have better to meet at the convetion center. I think other people would have dug it. Also it would have brought alot of new peps to the site and I am sure Tim would appreciate the business.

Do-Clo
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Yep the dinner was a epic fail the hostess had no clue about it at the place so we went in search of food