PDA

View Full Version : a question about clash sensors

DarthTalon
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
i'm a noob to the forum, but i have done a ton of research, and since you all were so helpful with my last question i thought i would call upon your expertise again.

i have the yoda fx saber which i have effectively stripped of all it's parts, and i am using all of the sound components for another saber... it's prolly a silly question, but at the risk of fubar-ing my clash sensor, i would love for someone to help me figure out the pos and neg legs of the clash sensor... i don't want to begin any soldering until i know for sure, and i have spent hours looking for a schematic or diagram or something but to no avail... so any info would be awesome!

carmen

Kal El Rah
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
The sensor has no polarity, it is basically a momentary switch.:cool:;)

also after you have figured out where you want to put it, use hot glue to make sure it doesn't come loose.

DarthTalon
03-02-2010, 04:32 PM
well, that answers my question! i would have never imagined such a tiny little thing giving me such a headache... i mean, really. but your info is so helpful! i can now get started!

i will post pics of my talon saber when it's completed!

Kal El Rah
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Can't wait to see your progress, remember to post it in the gallery.:cool:

Novastar
03-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Talon... yup, Kal El is right on the money. :)

The motion sensors are basically "ball-bearings" floating around in there. as they roll to certain points in there... they complete (or open) a circuit, which triggers "motion sounds" on MR boards...

The clash sensor is simply a tiny spring + metal casing (often known as a "Yusan" sensor). When enough shock vibrates the spring hard enough... the spring touches the metal sides of the inner casing, and... yep, you guessed it: they complete (or open) a circuit, which triggers the "clash sound" on MR boards...

You might trip out at this, but if you replace all of those sensors with little momentary switches (hahahah), you can trigger the sounds anytime you like, lol! :D Just press-a da button.

DarthTalon
03-03-2010, 11:07 AM
nova- that would be awesome but i think it's a little advanced for my skill level! but when i get to that point (and i am sure i will) i'll look you up!