PDA

View Full Version : ultrasound 2.5 did not work

kitrandy
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
hi all can tell me who can repair the ultrasound 2.5.my sound card bid on ebay but it not work. i'm very sad.

TimeRender
02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
1st of all, we can't help you without more information. Post some pictures of the card at least. Even better would be if you could figure out which component has failed.

2nd, did the ebay auction describe the item as being in working condition? If it did, you can contact ebay and paypal and try to get a refund. Lying about the condition of goods is a pretty big offense.

3rd, try contacting Ultrasabers. You may be able to send the board in and have the problem diagnosed and fixed for a fee. I don't know this for a fact, but it may be your best option if you are not experienced with this sort of thing.

Jedi-Loreen
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
The 3rd suggestion might depend on who the seller was. If it was Jesse from Nova Conceptions selling the "overstock", then Ultra Sabers probably won't want anything to do with it.

Caine Drathul
02-26-2010, 11:44 PM
User MH on Fx-Sabers.com is someone who can repair it. Join the forums and send him a PM...maybe he can help you diagnose the problem with you not even have to sending it to him.

I can tell you that contacting Ultrasabers will not help you since you didn't buy it directly from them....so it's not their problem.

Skottsaber
02-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Hmm... there are a lot of US 2.5 boards on ebay at the moment. The seller goes by Jesrandall. He has 100% positive feedback.

Jesse Randall?

I also bought one of those boards from that seller. It has not arrived yet, so I hope it works :(
You can find him by simply searching: Ultrasound Lightsaber on ebay.

There was another guy who sold about 3 boards but I didn't catch his name.

Could you show us your wiring? How much voltage are you giving it?

xl97
02-27-2010, 07:39 AM
User MH is someone who can maybe repair it.

ditto...hes already done several 'repairs'.. and is actually opening a website so you can see his work..and contact him for future repairs.

from the initial rumblings about this.. the costs look to be extremely affordable too! (you guys are lucky)

FenderBender
02-27-2010, 08:18 AM
He also goes by "Zook" here (MH)

However, I would contact Jesse Randall too, it is his responsibility. He may say that the cards have no warranty, but he also states that they are in working condition. That's enough to get PayPal to give you a refund if he doesn't want to take care of the problem.

Cantina Chef
02-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I purchased 2 of those cards from Jesse. They all worked perfect. I thought one was defective, turned out to be batteries, and i emailed him with my problem. He was more than happy to replace it if I needed. He goes by the ebay name jessrandal...not that other guy. nice guy. just ask him

Skottsaber
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Are you sure? I copied and pasted the ebay name of the guy who I bought from. And it was Jesrandall. The pictures in the auction do show the construction phase of the boards, and I wondered where those were from.

And the guy who posted originally hasn't showed up in a while, so we may just be dealing with some bad attempt at wiring.:rolleyes:

kitrandy
02-28-2010, 12:40 PM
my sound board is brought with him.when i connected to battery just the l1 and l2 can light up but no sound and main led no turn no.So i ask to him.he said send the board back to him and he will repair / replace it for my immediately.

Rafalema
02-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I bought my (malfunctoning) US 2.5 from ebay from user called "swiss-native-buyer" he was the only other person (I think) that sold US 2.5's besides "jesrandall".

If anyone bought an US 2.5 from swiss-native-buyer, PM me or something.

(If it is not allowed for me to say these usernames please delete them.)

Skottsaber
03-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Umm... this may sound stupid... but you didn't mention a switch.
Sorry If that sounds really obvious, but you gotta ask questions with some people. :rolleyes: Can you post some pics?

Zook
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Well I came in on this late but it looks as you may have it resolved. Hopefully Jesse will take care of it for you.

Senex
08-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey,

i have also a problem with my Ultrasound 2.5 card. Actually with my two cards.

I bought the first one in the shop as they where still available, but now it isn't running anymore. There is no function at all.

I got the second one from the ebay seller jessrandal.
The problem with the board is that it only runs "normal" when i disconnect the main LED.
Otherwise the board plays the clash and movement sounds randomly and plays a very annoying sound all the time.

Hopefully anyone, especially Zook, can help me out.

PS: I've tried to contact jessrandal but unfortunately i didn't get a response.

Thanks!

Rhyen Skytracker
08-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Are you sure the batteries are good? Also, what type and how many batteries are you using? You want to have the voltage input to the board around 1 Volt over the LED voltage. Using much more voltage than this will cause the board to get very hot and possibly fry it. Also using the spring battery packs are discouraged with the US boards. The boards are very sensitive and during use the battary may lose conection for a split second and kill the power to the board. The only way to reset this problem is to disconnect the battery pack (or just unplug one of the batteries) and reconnect it. Once you reconnect it you will get the boot sound. I was having problems with almost every set up where I used the spring battery packs and once I switched to custom NiMH battery packs (where the batteries are soldered together) I never had that problem anymore. Anyway, I hope this helped.

Jay-gon Jinn
08-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey,
PS: I've tried to contact jessrandal but unfortunately i didn't get a response.

That's not surprising....I doubt you'll ever hear back from him....he seems to have disappeared....

Senex
08-28-2010, 12:38 PM
@Rhyen Skytracker

I use 4 Nihm with 1.2V, so this makes 4.8V for the board. For the main LED I use a Seoul P4 Green. I think this should normally work without a problem.
But I'll try the hint with battery pack.

@Jay-Gon Jinn
That's very sad. The time I bought the board he was very friendly and easy to contact.

Ok guys. Thanks for the response.

I hope I'll get it work. It makes me really depressed having two Ultrasounds with none of them working.

thejedilestat
08-29-2010, 12:03 AM
I hope I'll get it work. It makes me really depressed having two Ultrasounds with none of them working.

oh man i feel for you i hope you can get them to work good luck

Ronan
08-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Paypal claim time...

Tell them he sold you a defective product (don't mention star wars or lightsaber).
He WILL have to defend himself (aka he has to come out of the shadows).
If he doesn't, you automatically get your $$$ back after 10 days.