PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Saber. Looking alright?

runner4life
02-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Hilt Style 2 pc'd black with machined grooves being aluminum
Blade Holder 13 pc'd black on the rings
MHS Gear or MHS Choke style 3 pc'd on the choke and in the gaps of the gear
Pommel 5
MPS insert 6
36 inch corbin battle blade

GUTS:
Luxeon 3 Blue (i want royal blue)
Luxeon 3 Watt Driver V2
Lux 3 lens holder
5 degree lens
momentary gaurded switch blue

PICS:
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab138/run4life_photo/saber.png

Rafalema
02-21-2010, 07:00 AM
No covertec or D-ring?

How are you attaching the insert without the MPS Clip?

Lux III Royal Blues are out of stock, (the last one was sold today) and if Tim doesn not stock them on 7 days they're gone. (They are discountinued.)

Also, add the thumbscr4ew to your list. (Are you going to drill & tap the blade retention screw yourself?)

Otherwise, it looks good.

Sidd
02-21-2010, 09:59 AM
You will need a latching switch not a momentary unless you are working with an econo hasbro soundboard.

cardcollector
02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
I would go with blue, Royal Blue is so dim it isn't worth the color.

You can use hot glue to keep you pommel insert in place.

I like the design, can't wait to see it all finished...

runner4life
02-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Ive got the tap and drill service added i just didnt add it on here.

For my last saber i used tarzans super grip. Works fine.

And i chose the momentary option for the driver, because im waiting for the ultra sound board to restock. But if i dont get that, I need a latching? (pushon/off)

Also royal blue looks great in photos but i respect your opinion more than photos. So thanks :)

Shadar Al'Niende
02-21-2010, 06:15 PM
ultrasounds are permanently sold out...not ever to be stocked again...

runner4life
02-21-2010, 06:45 PM
oh well thats gay. I found one on ebay for 150. Should i buy it? or whats another alternative apart from crappy hasbro

Shadar Al'Niende
02-21-2010, 06:54 PM
150 isn't THAT bad i suppose, i might pay that if it was free shipping..

You have a few alternatives (Which by the way could be found easily in the saber sound section of this forum...)

Crystal Focus (aka CF, Buttered Toast, BT etc..Notoriously difficult to obtain..)
Master Replica FX (Gut one for sound or find a board for sale)
Force Action (Cheap Econo boards sold at Target, Wal-Mart etc for around $15)

Those are probably your most commonly discussed sound solutions... now go do some more reading ;)

Jedi-Loreen
02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
oh well thats gay. I found one on ebay for 150. Should i buy it? or whats another alternative apart from crappy hasbro
Please DO NOT call things you don't like, or you think are stupid, "gay". There are people on this board who are gay and they might be insulted by the word being used in a derogatory manner.

I am one of those and I DO find it insulting.

runner4life
02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
yeah i know about them. i really dont know why i asked that question. Sorry.
Might just get an fx card.

cardcollector
02-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Using an FX board with the Luxeon 3W V2 driver and a 5V regulator is just as nice as an ultrasound IMO.

runner4life
02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
look..if your going to take everything i say so seriously then you need to get a life and get over little petty grudges. Dont read it if your offended. Freedom of speech mate

Jordandau
02-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Freedom of speech means she has the right to say that in defense as well. Besides I agree with her, it's not appropriate. There are other words I highly doubt that you would use to describe groups of people, and are equally offensive in my opinion.

Jedi-Loreen
02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
How would I know if you wrote something I (or someone else) would find offensive unless I read it?

Besides, I'm supposed to read people's posts, I'm a Council Member here and as such, have been asked by Tim, as have the rest of the Council, to help him keep an eye on what's going on here in the Forums.

I realize that people say things like you did in your other post, without thinking about it, which saddens me.

Now you know that it can offend people, since I have made you aware of that. "Freedom of Speech" doesn't mean you have the freedom to now keep offending people by using that word that way.

runner4life
02-22-2010, 04:51 AM
Alright. I realise, accidents happen. I dont go out of my way to offend people. I have gay friends, im sure somewhere along the line you have offended someone as well without realising. Apologies for that.

Shadar Al'Niende
02-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I do not think her post was to make you feel defensive, which it apparently has. Just realize that she is attempting to make this forum we all love a more friendly place to be without having to read something that offends you. You slipped up and accidentally offended someone, she politely let you know. No harm done (well, you know what i mean)

The main point is now you know, and knowing is half the battle...:p

$tarkiller
02-22-2010, 08:18 AM
I have some respect for the guy. He started out being a troll, and now, he is sincerely apologizing for his rude statement. That is one thing you should remember: J-lo= Hardcore. She'll getcha. :D

runner4life
02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
if you met me, im not a troll lol. I dont go out of my way to offend someone..thats not me, im a personal trainer in the most people orientated industry in the world but i do get defensive, but then again so does everyone if you didnt mean to offend and get baked for it

KuroChou
02-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Please DO NOT call things you don't like, or you think are stupid, "gay". There are people on this board who are gay and they might be insulted by the word being used in a derogatory manner.

I am one of those and I DO find it insulting.

If not exclusively there, this is definitely implied in the TOS, and should be suspension worthy. It's on par with racism and ***ism.

To J-Lo specifically; I happen to be openly bi, and I too am typically offended. That being said, I tend to let it slide because of it's increased occurrence as slang. This doesn't justify the derogatory use of the term as a society, but explains the individual slip up. In this case, at least the warning is definitely necessary.

Shadar Al'Niende
02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
...but i do get defensive, but then again so does everyone if you didnt mean to offend and get baked for it

Just to point out, if i accidentally do something to offend someone. My first instinct is to apologize and let them know i did not mean anything by it. Defensiveness is natural, just trying to point out that HER intent was not to make you defensive, just as YOUR intent was not to offend...

$tarkiller
02-23-2010, 02:36 PM
lol, this has gone on too long....lets just acknowledge that he made a mistake, and is sorry for it, and let it go.....

Jay-gon Jinn
02-25-2010, 04:16 AM
lol, this has gone on too long....lets just acknowledge that he made a mistake, and is sorry for it, and let it go.....

I'll second this....let it go, and move on.

runner4life
02-25-2010, 05:02 AM
haha over it too. Sorry back to sabers