PDA

View Full Version : 4xAAA Battery Holders, do they make them?

Darth Abominor
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi all. I have been looking around and due to the small ID of my hilts from Saber Forge, I need to build or purchase a 4AAA Battery Holder. The 'box' needs to sit 2 batteries wide, with a 2 over 2 length. Picture the following..

http://lasersportsusa.com/images/lightsabers/battery_holder.jpg

Has anyone seen such a holder online or in shops for sale, wired and ready to 'plug n play'? I am not looking for the simple battery pack option in this case, though I know that's an easy one. If this item can be found and fits in these hilts, then I can use it in any number of future builds I have in mind, plus the 3 TCSS hilts I have on hand currently. Thanks.

Crystal Chambers
02-09-2010, 06:16 PM
The ones in TCSS are really good for holding batteries snug. I've tried ones like your pic from the source/radio shack and they were no good.

You want one that looks like TCSS 4AA only for AAA. I tried to make one myself with hot glue and it ran into the holes and blocked the contacts, plus they were no good to begin with as the batteries kept coming loose. Maybe with the TCSS 2AAA holders you'd have better luck.

Just an idea...and to save others from making the same mistake.

Darth Abominor
02-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I would not know how to wire the two battery holders together to make them flush as one unit, as space is an issue and it has to be tight as tight will allow. Any ideas or a diagram of the wiring of multiple battery holders into one set?

grayven
02-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes they make them. I just don't think it would be appropriate to post where here since this is a store.

Darth Abominor
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Well, since it's going into a few different hilts, including 3 of my TCSS sabers, can you PM me or email me the name of the location and allow me to make the effort to search it out? Or even the 'proper name' of the battery holder so a google search will be all that is needed. Thanks.

Darth Abominor
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
There's something like what I am searching for, only a AAA size battery holder, not this AA one taken from the TCSS site.

http://lasersportsusa.com/images/lightsabers/164.jpg

Darth Abominor
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
So they make these but no one can even post what the items are called? Thanks Grayven, your post was, like nearly all the others (notice the sarc here) shown above from forums members, real helpful. Since Tim does not even sell the particular item I am looking for it's nice to know we can come to these forums when we have a TCSS (or any number of) projects in mind and not have to feel there is complete bias in the ranks.

Shadar Al'Niende
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
But Tim DOES sell items that hold 4x AAA batteries, so showing you where to go and find one would be directing you NOT to buy Tim's items and therefore taking business away from his store.

You will find that Tim has built quite the loyalty here and i speak from experience that it is well deserved. If I knew what the item was called i might at least post the name so you could find it yourself, but i would not show you where....

P.S. Sarcasm doesn't generally provoke a MORE helpful response :rolleyes:

Darth Abominor
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Being that Tim's item list do not include anything even near the 4AAA based product that would fit the size I am searching for it's sure not going to take any business away from him in the slightest. That being the case, it would simply be nice not to have people pipe in with "I know what and where, but that's too bad since you still can't buy it from Tim since he doesn't have them ever in stock as of this point". It's like saying you want a 2 gallon bucket, but we don't sell those here.. though we do have 1.5 gallon boxes that could be used as buckets, but that's all we carry in that 'concept'. The bottom line, it's still not a place to get any 2 gallon buckets.

Jay-gon Jinn
02-16-2010, 01:23 AM
I have looked through several electronics sites myself looking for such a AAA battery holder as you are looking for, but unfortunately, have not found one. I'm guessing they simply aren't something that is even produced.

your best bet is to use rechargeable batteries and make a pack in the 2 + 2 configuration you need.

Darth Abominor
02-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Thank you for the look around Jay-gon. I have, or at least I am sure that in the past I have, seen these in places like Radio Shack or other electrical/electronic supply stores. Just seems to be a ghost item for me.

grayven
02-16-2010, 08:02 AM
So I haven't viewed this topic since my last post in it. Well it seams like I can't help you anyway. The one I had bookmarked is no longer available. It was from a Chinese company. Sorry.

Strydur
02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I have looked as well. If someone finds one let me know and I would be happy to stock it.

Darth Abominor
02-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the input Tim. These seem very hard to find. Grayven, can you possibly PM Tim the link you had, maybe he can track something from that point forward and in time add this item to the store for the betterment of us all.

Gnar-Gnar Gin
03-08-2014, 12:27 AM
just felt like bumping this... I too am looking for this type of battery holder... its been 4 years since this was posted... anyone seen anything like this?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-08-2014, 09:13 AM
just felt like bumping this... I too am looking for this type of battery holder... its been 4 years since this was posted... anyone seen anything like this?

Nope. Besides 4 AAA's are less than optimal for todays designs and technologies. ;)

John-Michael
04-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Digikey sells all kinds of battery holders. I recently got an 8AA holder through them, for an unrelated project.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Digikey sells all kinds of battery holders. I recently got an 8AA holder through them, for an unrelated project.

If you have a specific link to the specific product in the specific configuration mentioned, please post it. This is not a site for promoting other companies.

Sunrider
04-25-2014, 06:46 PM
If you have a specific link to the specific product in the specific configuration mentioned, please post it. This is not a site for promoting other companies.

We are not allowed to mention Digi for things the shop here does not stock anymore?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-25-2014, 06:57 PM
We are not allowed to mention Digi for things the shop here does not stock anymore?

To my knowledge, no one has ever commercially made a 4AAA holder in the configuration mentioned in the OP, Sunrider. We've all looked around. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but none of us has managed to find anyone who makes/sells it. There's a bit more to the story, PM me if you want to discuss further.

Sunrider
04-25-2014, 08:02 PM
I would just get 2 2 x AAA and glue them end to end and wire them for 6v. :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I would just get 2 2 x AAA and glue them end to end and wire them for 6v. :)

Yup. ;)

SithArts
10-22-2015, 09:06 PM
I know this is an old post but through my searching I found this video which shows how to make this battery holder. What I'm attempting now for my project. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/WlNR7JAusJE