PDA

View Full Version : How to fixate?

Tzz
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey,

constructing a lightsaber out of a sinktube. How do I get the heatsink and the batteries to hold in place?

I'm kinda new to all this and couldn't find an answer in the forum:rolleyes:

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
What are you using for a blade holder?

FenderBender
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
What's a blade holder?

cardcollector
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
What's a blade holder?

LOL!!! AHAHAHA!:D:D:mrgreen:

Seriously though,
I use foam wrapped arond the battery pack to hold it in place...

If you use a 1.25" BH... the heatsink mounting will become obvious upon arrival.

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't wrap my battery packs in foam, what I do, since the ones I fight with are stunt sabers, meaning no sound, is cut a piece of pipe insulation foam and fit it into the pommel, making it long enough to press against the battery pack to keep it from rattling. The foam usually ends up pressing it up under the switch, which holds it at the top.

Crystal Chambers
02-10-2010, 05:57 AM
Well you found the tutorial section...good start. Do A LOT of reading. Many members don't like to answer basic questions till you've made a serious effort to DIY.

Jay-gon does some great tutorials and build threads that show what you can do with sinktube.

The heatsink is held between the bladeholder and the rest of the MHS. In the case of sinktube you either need a sinktube bladeholder which will hold the blade, heatsink, LED, lense and holder. Or with any other bladeholder you can use a MHS sinktube adapter or piece of double female cut in half as 2 MHS/1.5 adapters.

DJMoonbass
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
if you are using a 1.5" sunktube... i have found that the four AA in square formation slides right in. its like it was MEANT for it. just thought i would let you know.

Novastar
02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
<--- likes the thread's subject name, hahahha...

:D

Oh, and regarding Fender's post:

"Ok... now... whaa in da hecks is a Vadurr's Vahwlet??"

Jedi-Loreen
02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
When I saw this thread title I was going to make a joke about other definitions of the word "fixate" but I decided not to. :p

Shadar Al'Niende
02-13-2010, 11:15 PM
When I saw this thread title I was going to make a joke about other definitions of the word "fixate" but I decided not to. :p

And somehow, i feel the world is a slightly sadder place for it :( ;)

Novastar
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Now, now... let's not get fixated here... :rolleyes: