PDA

View Full Version : My first sink tube build parts list

Saarai
02-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok, so this is my first attempt at this, here's the list of parts I have, I am planning on upgrading it later on with recharge port and sound board, but this is all I could afford for now. I just want to be sure I'm on the right track

Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
Luxeon Collimator Lens 10 deg viewing angle
Seoul P4 (White)
SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button
4AA Battery holder
2 MHS to 1.25" sink tube adapter
1-1/4" x 12" Chrome sink tube
1-1/2" x 12" Chrome sink tube
26 gauge wire (Black)
26 gauge wire (Red)
3.3ohm 5w resistor
Screw on LED blade holder style 17
MPS Pommel style 1
MPS Insert style 9
MPS Clip
Black machined button for Covertec clip
8-32 x 1/4" socket head
1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
and from Lowes
rubber/vinyl ribbed flooring (for grip)

Hopefully I got everything I need here?

Sidd
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Do have them 1.25 sink tube to MHS adapters?

Saarai
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
yeah they do it says stock available

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Do you already have a Covertec clip? I see the button on your list, but not the clip itself. Unless the button is just for looks and you don't plan on hanging the saber from your belt?

I assume you will be ordering a blade later? Is that why I don't see a blade retention screw on your list? You might want to think about at least ordering a safety plug, if that's the case, so you can still play with your saber and not worry about blinding yourself, or anyone else. In which case you will need the blade retention screw.

Everything else looks good, to me.

So, it looks like you going to be doing a shroud with the 1.5 sink tube with maybe a cut out for the grip to show through?

Saarai
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
well I got the Screw on LED blade holder style 17 for the shroud, I figured if the heatsink/blade holder for the sink tube was only a few dollars difference might as well pay the extra for it. And yeah I 'm doing a cut away with the 1.5 for the grip design.

Oh and no I don't have the clip yet, I'll get that down the road with the other upgrades I plan on doing.

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2010, 02:55 PM
The heat sink/blade holder for the sink tube is not on your list, you have 2 of the MHS to 1.25 sink tube adapters. Your blade holder screws onto one of those.

You can't use the sink tube blade holder and a screw on blade holder together.

Sidd
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
The heat sink/blade holder for the sink tube is not on your list, you have 2 of the MHS to 1.25 sink tube adapters. Your blade holder screws onto one of those.

You can't use the sink tube blade holder and a screw on blade holder together.

Actually J-Lo you can

thats what I have in both my sabers right now.

sink tube adapter holds the blade holder and the LED stuff perfectly

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
No, he mentioned this in his last post:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/171_7113.jpg

Not this:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/Picture_162.jpg

Which is what's on his list.

Saarai
02-09-2010, 03:17 PM
haha no I mentioned the first one cause I was saying the price difference between that, and the style 17 blade holder I got where not that big a difference so I got the style 17 not the sink tube blade holder.

Sidd
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
ok my bad

good luck with the saber

Saarai
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
thanks parts are ordered, and will start posting pics as I go along when they get here.

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Ah, ok. I read that wrong.

Makes sense, now.

thejedilestat
02-10-2010, 03:02 AM
i didnt see anything about color disc but im just adding the pix of my p4 with TCSS color disc just to add my 2 cents

good luck with the build:cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
white p4 run off US 2.5 board with clear thick walled blade

TCSS white difuser and 10 degree lens and TCSS color dischttp://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=1258

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

white p4 run off US 2.5 board with special white thick walled blade

10 degree lens and TCSS color dischttp://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=1259

Saarai
02-10-2010, 05:25 AM
yeah I totally forgot that, I had to order it seperate hehe. ah well.

Crystal Chambers
02-10-2010, 05:30 AM
edit..oops did see page 2.

I'm using discs too and they do look better with 4 feet of giftwrap added to the white diffuser and some 400-600 sanding around the blade looks great.

thejedilestat
02-11-2010, 01:06 AM
edit..oops did see page 2.

I'm using discs too and they do look better with 4 feet of giftwrap added to the white diffuser and some 400-600 sanding around the blade looks great.

well i sanded my mr blade and im not happy with it but i used 220 sand paper i tryed it with gift wrap like 5ft and not happy with it looks dimer with the film... well to my eyes but ehh i will get around to sanding it more one day

Crystal Chambers
02-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Not sure about MR blades mine are TCSS battle blades. It seems to me the giftwrap will dim the lower blade but draw the light upwards making it more even overall. Too much wrap will dim though. Same with course grit sanding. Finer grit will draw more light to the outer tube but course will leave darker edges in the lines when they're too deep.

Some of the discs can be combined without dimming much. The two yellows and the darker green make a nice colour I like. I look forward to combining them with lee filters when I get my mitts on'm.