PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl plans.

Darth Biff
02-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Greetings all,

Well, if a poll about raw lemons can go up, why not a thread about the impending "Sunday of the year"?

Any interesting plans/parties/cooking going on?

I'm going to be in the kitchen all day today getting my 24-hour Super Bowl chili ready, and pre-mixing my cheddar buttermilk cornbread batter. I'm also going to be slow-cooking a rack of llama ribs tomorrow (trust me, it's delicious).:D

sekrogue1985
02-06-2010, 09:02 AM
being force to go with the mrs to a party since her boss invited us...rawr not a huge football fan. what makes it worse we live in indianapolis....

ecko
02-06-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm going to be in the kitchen all day today getting my 24-hour Super Bowl chili ready, and pre-mixing my cheddar buttermilk cornbread batter. I'm also going to be slow-cooking a rack of llama ribs tomorrow (trust me, it's delicious).:D

I'm sorry do you really have time to be posting, when you are so busy making my dinner?:p

But seriously so looking forward to those llama ribs! I'll be starting the dessert later this afternoon.

Darth Biff
02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Sekrogue, it's the Colts. You can be excused for not being a fan (even if you live in Indy).;)

Ecko... I'm going, I'm going.... "grumble, grumble". It's a good thing your dessert didn't suck...

$tarkiller
02-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm actually having a "Who Dat" themed party at my place for the saints. I bought a bunch of stuff to make cheese fries and cheese sticks. GO SAINTS.

Darth Biff
02-06-2010, 10:13 AM
$K: Cool! One of our buddies is doing a jambalaya for the party. "Who dat" indeed!:D

Ecko: I know, I know... Back in the kitchen... "grumble, grumble".

Jedi-Loreen
02-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not a big football fan, but I might watch.

I'll give me an excuse to sit around and drink beer and eat the guacamole that I just made from the last of the avocados from the tree belonging to the neighbors behind me. They don't mind if I pick the ones hanging over the wall into my yard, and the tree was quite productive last year.

I think I will root for the Saints.

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
My plan is to watch something, anything, else [hey i'm canookian and its not hockey lol but to each his/her own] but I do want to see The Who at the halftime so plan to catch that much of it.

Hope y'all enjoy your game.

Shadar Al'Niende
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
It's the SuperBowl tomorrow?

*runs and hides*

Seriously though, not a big sports/TV fan, didn't even know till yesterday that it was superbowl sunday :p

Darth Biff
02-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Shadar: Well, now you know, so there's no excuse.;)

Ecko: Relax, it's on the stove. It'll be ready tomorrow morning.

To be honest, I'm not super enthusiastic about SB this year; no real surprises. The 2 teams with the best regular seasons are in it, and neither are the Pats.:sad:

Still, if any city ever needed a win, it's New Orleans...

And I like making (and eating) my once-a-year Super Bowl dishes.:D

ecko
02-06-2010, 03:13 PM
And I like making (and eating) my once-a-year Super Bowl dishes.:D

I also enjoy eating your dishes..... now get back to makin' em!

Who Dat!

..... Fr@kin Vikings!

Blue Fox
02-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I dont care for football either so there will be no change in my routine. However I too live in Indiana so...

GO COLTS!!

Darth Biff
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Well, chili's done, the last batch of cheddar cornbread is just about done, the ribs are ready for the slow cooker. Game on!

Have a good time everyone!:D

Jedi-Loreen
02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Yum, that sounds good. http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/chuckorc/drooling-5.gif

cardcollector
02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
noooooooooooooooooo

Colts lost...:(:(:(

Jasten Skywalker
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
noooooooooooooooooo

Colts lost...:(:(:(

This sucks. I was rooting for the Colts too. At least the Caps beat the Pens today.