PDA

View Full Version : this guy is awesome.

DJMoonbass
02-02-2010, 06:24 PM
this is the guy i built the phazer MK1 for. MAN he can spin. he is really good. check him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coj3CH0FzdY

Kal El Rah
02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Nice find DJ.:cool:

pandatrooper
02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Wow, that's super impressive! Nice work on the saber too BTW :)

Jedi-Loreen
02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't think DJ just found video randomly, Kal. :rolleyes:

Spinning is cool, when you're in your teens or 20s.

But can he actually fight with it?

JamoUp
02-02-2010, 08:08 PM
wait, you mean spinning my saber around my body REALY fast won't protect me in a battle?

TimeRender
02-02-2010, 08:48 PM

It's comments like these that remind me why you're my favorite person here.

Eco
02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, he's certainly better than I am!
I can do the basic spins, but haven't taken the time to throw together a routine.

Good to see my wiring has held up! Still able to count all four blinkies!

E-relivent
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
It's fun to spin but dueling is my true passion.

cardcollector
02-03-2010, 08:17 AM

I thought the exact same thing...

wait, you mean spinning my saber around my body REALY fast won't protect me in a battle?

um, without going on a sword technique soapbox lecture...
NO NO NO!!!;)

Jedi-Loreen
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
It's comments like these that remind me why you're my favorite person here.
Really?

I didn't think I was anyone's favorite person here.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

Some people here don't like me much at all.

Shadar Al'Niende
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Apparently J-Lo has forgotten how her fellow Italian feels about her...:confused:

Crystal Chambers
02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Cool.

I have some experience with sword play but with the bright blade it's hard to tell at times how he's doing it. This really makes me want to get my saber running stable so I can try some stuff like this. Looks like so much fun.

I know the "twirling" aspect seems like it might be showy and not practical in combat but with control fancy spins can be a serious advantage in speed, efficiency, an intimidation when you're good with a blade. The momentum and use of proper stance can also add alot of power too.

Jedi-Loreen
02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Apparently J-Lo has forgotten how her fellow Italian feels about her...:confused:
There are a few paisano here, LDM and Novastar are two more of them. ;)

Shadar Al'Niende
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
i feel better now... :D

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Cool.

I know the "twirling" aspect seems like it might be showy and not practical in combat but with control fancy spins can be a serious advantage in speed, efficiency, an intimidation when you're good with a blade. The momentum and use of proper stance can also add alot of power too.

Someone who is good may be able to get away with being showy but someone who is showy can't get away with not being good.

That said, nothing prevents someone from being showy and good...and as for the first part of it...that fella can really spin well!

TimeRender
02-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Really?

I didn't think I was anyone's favorite person here.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

Some people here don't like me much at all.

No, I've learned that if I don't do the eye roll emoticon, people don't understand when I am being sarcastic. You're my favorite BECAUSE some people don't like you much.

Blue Fox
02-04-2010, 12:55 AM
he's pretty good. The best I've seen did it with 2 sabers. I'd be a lot better too if it wasnt for my bad leg, it hampers my mobility somewhat :(

Crystal Chambers
02-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Funny thing about this thread is I didn't look at it for a while cuz I thought it was about how good DJ could spin..lol

In star wars reality spinning like this could deflect some serious blaster fire. One thing that bothers me a bit about comparing saber technique to metal blades is that sabers aren't limited to one or two edges.

xl97
02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
what??..no shout out to DJMoonBass in the vid? (some friend he is!)

DJMoonbass
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
lol. i suck at spinning. why would I post myself, ?

Crystal Chambers
02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
No not DJ...I meant a DJ (missed the "a") with turntables. Whenever I hear the term spin to me my first interpretation is DJing. I prefer the term twirling as it seems a more effective way to communicate it. In saber context spinning could also be refering to on a lath.

Jedi-Loreen
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
No, you do turning on a lathe, not spinning. ;)

ARKM
02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I use the word "twirling" for most sword and staff kata stuff myself (as in, to twirl a baton). Spinning sounds like something to do with sewing, breakdancing, DJ'ing or something to do with a phrase that has the word "sit" in it. ;)

Crystal Chambers
02-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Technically yeah....that's why I said could.

I've done some twirling but not yet with a saber.
Spinning of records is fun...done that a bit.
And I wanna do some turning too..hehe..I've been looking at lathes.

Oh yeah..i saw these two guys post a youtube short with a sword and staff, it was really good. The script was cheesy but the saber action was sweet.

DJMoonbass
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
criags list is your friend. if you want a decent lathe for the money. go for a victor or acer those are good. i missed out on one a few days ago.

B5813
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Whether he can fight with one or not... it is what it is... some impressive looking spin moves. I mean if we were all so focused on fighting with these things then we wouldn't be adding all the eye candy bling to them, would we?

DJMoonbass
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM
An excelent point!

Jin Ke
02-05-2010, 06:24 AM
I thought his spins were cool..... I'd be more impressed if he made a entire form to show off. :) We do "play" with sabers after all.... They are supposed to be flashy, people like to see the blades flying around... Just ask Gillard....

cardcollector
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Whether he can fight with one or not... it is what it is... some impressive looking spin moves. I mean if we were all so focused on fighting with these things then we wouldn't be adding all the eye candy bling to them, would we?

hehehe...
I like to use narrow viewing angles on my accent LED's...
Why?
I can momentarily blind my oppenents with a superbright 5mm!:cool:

Dead serious. (get the pun?)