PDA

View Full Version : Custom Work: Less of a Question, More of a Compliment

PhoenixReborn
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
I ordered some stuff on saturday, with custom work and a custom placement for a switch hole. It shipped out this afternoon. Tim's fast and I cant wait to see the quality on this. Pictures will be posted of this saber when it is assembled.

Eco
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah, Tim's strongest point in his business is how prompt he is with everything related to it. Quick responses to emails, quick machining times, he always gets everything shipped quickly, too. I'd wager a guarantee that the machining work will be spot-on, too.

PhoenixReborn
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I dont doubt it. I saw what he did for Craig, though it wasnt custom it was great.

Darth Reklar
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I've emailed Tim a couple of questions about possible custom work, and while he hasn't gotten any money from me (yet) he responded quickly with price quotes.

Since we don't have a forum thread for it anywhere (that I know of), I'll say it here...

Keep up the good work, Tim!

Strydur
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I just try and treat people the way I would want to be treated. I know some orders get delayed once in awhile but we do what we can to always get them out on time.

Shadar Al'Niende
04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
i've emailed tim a couple of questions about possible custom work, and while he hasn't gotten any money from me (yet) he responded quickly with price quotes.

Since we don't have a forum thread for it anywhere (that i know of), i'll say it here...

keep up the good work, tim!

QFT! :D:):cool:

Et Kin Evenstar
04-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Keep up the awesome work Tim. I placed an order earlier today and by the time I got home had an email it'd shipped already. I'm scared to total up all the $ I've spent since discovering this hobby and this site!

Jonitus
04-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Over the years, I have asked Tim to do a lot of custom work for me. The bulk of that has been minor modifications to parts (turning down OD to fit in a specific type of tube or whatnot), but there's been some more extensive stuff made over the years too.

Each time, Tim has exceeded my wishes. I can give him the details of what I want over an email, and he comes back with a price quote that I feel is more than fair. His work is very prompt and of excellent quality.

Just the other day I received a batch of parts from Tim that he had modified for me. They were even better than I had hoped or described. The saber they go into will be even better than I had originally hoped.

Shadar Al'Niende
04-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Over the years, I have asked Tim to do a lot of custom work for me. The bulk of that has been minor modifications to parts (turning down OD to fit in a specific type of tube or whatnot), but there's been some more extensive stuff made over the years too.

Each time, Tim has exceeded my wishes. I can give him the details of what I want over an email, and he comes back with a price quote that I feel is more than fair. His work is very prompt and of excellent quality.

Just the other day I received a batch of parts from Tim that he had modified for me. They were even better than I had hoped or described. The saber they go into will be even better than I had originally hoped.

And THAT my friends, is what this place is all about. THAT is what has me coming back time and again to spend my hard earned cash! ;) He takes this attitude not just on custom work, but everything Tim does.

sithlordfaust
04-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I know that on several orders and occasions Ive been a bit of a PITA when it comes to ordering cusomized or modified MHS parts. Ping ponging emails and a bezillion questions and Tim has always dealt with me professionally. Ive been very specific about some mods, and Tim has hit the nail on th had each time. on other modifications Ive given him a bit of room and he has always exceeded my expactations

Darth Reklar
05-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I know that on several orders and occasions Ive been a bit of a PITA when it comes to ordering cusomized or modified MHS parts. Ping ponging emails and a bezillion questions and Tim has always dealt with me professionally. Ive been very specific about some mods, and Tim has hit the nail on th had each time. on other modifications Ive given him a bit of room and he has always exceeded my expactations

I recently received the parts from my first order (two sabers) and Tim exceeded my expectations on these. Custom work that I requested included a modified blade holder style 7 (It's like a style 10, but with only 3 cutouts.) and purple powder coating on a hilt and choke. (If you want purple, you'll have to talk to Tim about the custom order.) The blade holder is everything I imagined and more, and I hadn't dreamed of the purple looking as good as it does.

On other, more standard stuff, I merely trusted in Tim's expert judgment. The blade retention screw holes on both sabers are in extremely good locations and don't detract from the overall appearance. Tim moved the screw holes for the Covertech clips, but the placement he chose is perfect.

So I'm left saying it again...

Keep up the good work, Tim!!!