PDA

View Full Version : Extending the Hasbro Vader hilt

MonsterTV
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I am attempting to extend the hilt of a Hasbro Vader lightsaber. I am looking to ideally increase it by about 4 inches, with a fairly plain metal tube. Are the hilt pieces sold here compatible with the bottom of a Hasbro saber? And if they are, that brings up another problem, in that I am not sure if I can screw the battery pack back in. I'd like to start of my conversion slowly, so if I can avoid any rewiring, that would be swell.

In case you are curious, what I am working on is converting a lightsaber into a "beam katana" from the Wii game No More Heroes 2. It's the one on the right:
http://www.wiiloaded.com/gallery/upload/full/0/828.jpg

I am an avid cosplayer, and I think I've got a handle on most of the conversion, but I need a little help with this particular part, since I'm new to this, and there isn't a tutorial.

Thank you so much in advance.

Rafalema
01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
What hasbro????

The chepy one or the Force FX one?

MonsterTV
01-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh, sorry. it's the FX one.

Rhyen Skytracker
01-28-2010, 05:02 AM
The MHS parts are not compatable with the threads on the FX saber, sorry. There are other options though. You may want to email Tim at sales@thecustomsabershop.com and see if he can custom make you something or there are many saber smiths that can probably machine you something. But being that this is Tim's website, ALWAYS ask him first.

MonsterTV
01-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Thank you very much, I'll ask him directly!