PDA

View Full Version : my MR fx collection .to sell, or not to sell

galen marek
01-27-2010, 11:24 AM
my fx collection contains
1 luke rotj fx
1 luke anh fx
2 darth maul tpm fx
thats about £370? something like that. should i sell them as i am finding myself spending alot of money, and going out with my friends, and i'm skint:|.
im also selling the parts for my second saber, lol.:cool:

Jedi-Loreen
01-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry, but you're not allowed to sell anything here in the open forums. Not even to resell MHS parts you bought here.

galen marek
01-27-2010, 11:48 AM
im not selling anything here dont worry, just looking for advice. im probably going to sell it to my nerdy rich friend:cool:
i wouldnt be suprised if you refused to help, even though im not even suggesting that im trying to sell it online.

galen marek
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
bump........................................

Shadar Al'Niende
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
i wouldnt be suprised if you refused to help, even though im not even suggesting that im trying to sell it online.

I find this somewhat rude, especially to a Council member who is attempting to gently remind you of the rules you agreed to. In your post...

im also selling the parts for my second saber, lol.

...Specifically, you make it quite clear that you are selling your parts. This is a thinly veiled way to make a sale. All you had to do if your intent was to simply get advice was to ask if you should sell your collection. The added details and the snide remark about J-Lo's willingness to help make it clear that your original intent was likely to sell your parts to anyone reading this thread....

$tarkiller
01-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Personally, I see no problem with his post. Not once did he say "Will you buy this from me?"

Crystal Chambers
01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I have sold things like this in the past when times got rough and always regretted it. Some things though material aren't so replaceable, like I hear MR sabers are getting harder to find and prices are going up but I could be wrong.

Lord Dottore Matto
01-28-2010, 12:14 AM
If you need to sell them, then sell them. List them on eBay and be done with it (you have the best chance for a quick sale there anyways).

As far as being snarky to J-Lo, please refrain from that when addressing a Council member. Remember, we are here to make this a safe and fun place for everyone AND to make sure that everyone remembers the rules of the forum. So, in that vein, I also need to remind you a of a rule...please refrain from double posting.

Good luck with the sale. ;)