PDA

View Full Version : El color mixing question

scaarmor
11-30-2005, 03:22 AM
Hi to all, I am new to this forum/site and have started to make my lightsabers from scratch. Mainly because I find nothing more satisfying than making something grand from almost nothing.

Anyway, my question is I would like a color a little different from all the others, not sure what just know I want it one of a kind. Is there anyway to possibly mix some of the el wire inside to blend a new color? If so, how would that be done?

Thank you for your one of a kind site and your time,
Cain

robt666
12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
2 colors would not mix togather to form a new one. they are just wires so u would just see 2 dif color wires in the blade no mixing, liek if you tried blue & yellow you would not get green you would just have blue and yellow wires. if you wan a dif type of color y not go for his led kit with white led and get the 12 color discs. check that out some colors look kinda cool, and who knows maybe put to color discs on top of each other and make a new color.

DannMann99
12-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Im pretty sure if you twist the rope around in a braided fashion they would mix the colors. I cant imagine why not, and if for some science defying reason they dont, you would have a blade that was a braided mix of blue and yellow. which would be awsome anyway to have it vary consistently through the blade.

informalmyx
12-02-2005, 08:34 AM
some one tryied this on theforce.net forum and it idnt mix 2 well it made a interesing color any ways

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

GeluKhanGharr
12-02-2005, 01:30 PM
The word is marbelized. They don't mix to form a new color, but they blend interestingly. I tried blue and green myself. It wasn't a consistent new color, but it was a weaving mix. You don't distinguish the individual wires. A more blue area blends gradually into a green, then back to blue and so on.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

scaarmor
12-02-2005, 03:41 PM
A blade that faded into different colors such as braidin the wire would still look pretty interesting.

vamphunterx
12-06-2005, 10:06 PM
I tried a long time ago to get the KOTOR silver(very very VERY faint blue or teal) color with 3 white wires and 1 light blue wire. Didn't work out, it could've if the diffusion had been better I think though.