PDA

View Full Version : Request For Direction

Fatdoggy
01-22-2010, 08:37 AM
I've looked but cannot seem to find exactly what I need. Finally have all my parts in and am going to give this a crack over the weekend.

Is there a wiring diagram on the forums some where that will show me how to wire up a MR Vader board with the TCSS battery/speaker combo and a lux 3 (royal blue if that matters)?

I've searched but can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Vos Malek
01-22-2010, 10:22 AM
This thread has wiring diagrams for the fx boards.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8593

Count Malik
01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
This thread has wiring diagrams for the fx boards.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=8593

That and look under the build/tutorial threads :)

Fatdoggy
01-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Here are a couple pics of the board I got. I'm not sure if I need to cut off the additional pieces (not sure what they're called) or use them together somehow to wire to the battery/speaker combo. :confused:

Any help is really appreciated! Hopefully by end of weekend I'll be posting pics of my 1st saber.

Jedi-Loreen
01-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Ok, I have to ask, how much reading have you done so far? This is a classic reason why you need to do more reading, especially in the Tutorial section. You need to learn which parts are common to the MR/Hasbro FX boards, as well as the economy Hasbro boards, and even the higher end boards if you intend to put sound into lightsabers.

Have you looked at the labels for the wiring on the board? Those should make it very apparent which parts you need and where you wire the battery pack speaker combo to. But you also need to learn what those parts are, and what they do.

The questions you're asking are very basic and show me that you're not looking for the answers. You can answer them for yourself with some research.

People aren't going to be so quick to help you if it doesn't look like you've at least tried to help yourself, first.

Go through the threads in this section and you should be able to answer your own questions that you've asked here.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Fatdoggy
01-23-2010, 06:05 AM
I have looked many times. I just have not seen anything where these other parts appear with direction to remove them etc. I'll look again. I do not want to start slicing wires and removing things unless I am 100% certain of what I'm doing.

Vos Malek
01-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Thats a board from an MR Vader. You need to cut the wires off from the big white plug. Make sure to keep the end that plugs into the board. You will also have to remove the clash sensor from the smaller metal plug. Then just wire them like in the link I gave you earlier. ;)

Fatdoggy
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks! And thanks to whoever moved this to the correct board.

Jedi-Loreen
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
That would be Lord Maul.

My attitude was such because it seemed like you didn't know what the clash sensor was, or that you need to see which wires are which for the battery pack and speaker before you cut of the battery pack contact board so that you can wire your new battery pack/speaker combo.

Fatdoggy
01-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Hilt is pretty much done. Had the electronics hooked up and sound working. Was quite proud. Then wired up the LED and must've done something wrong 'cause I think I fried the board. When I powered up after attaching the Lux 3 nothing happened and I realized the board got very hot, very fast. LOL. I was POed last night, but laughing about it today. I followed the directions found on multiple posts on here so am not sure what was wrong. Back to the drawing board! :confused:

Caine Drathul
01-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Next time, try some thermal tape under the LED. It's always a good idea. ;)