PDA

View Full Version : Onslaught, First custom saber saber done!!!

master roar
01-17-2010, 09:22 AM
This is my first custom saber finally complete. it has a lux 3 green, a hasbro toy soundcard, and a tcss speaker. it requires a max of 4.8v to run properly. the hilt is made of mostly mhs parts and a sinktube, and is painted to look weathered.:-D

here is the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88EcCftmfI

Caine Drathul
01-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Looks pretty good. Does the top of the shroud get in the way of spinning, etc?

Nice job on your first build overall.

master roar
01-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Looks pretty good. Does the top of the shroud get in the way of spinning, etc?

Nice job on your first build overall.

actually it does a little bit

Jedi-Loreen
01-17-2010, 01:15 PM
What kind of blade, and optics are you using? I can't see the whole blade, but there's a big base flare at the hilt, then the blade seems to dim out pretty quickly.

master roar
01-17-2010, 01:28 PM
What kind of blade, and optics are you using? I can't see the whole blade, but there's a big base flare at the hilt, then the blade seems to dim out pretty quickly.

actually i dont have a real blade. its just 1 from a little cheap carnival lightsaber, but when i get the new 1 i will redo the video and im using a 5 degree lens

Eco
01-17-2010, 04:09 PM
actually i dont have a real blade. its just 1 from a little cheap carnival lightsaber, but when i get the new 1 i will redo the video and im using a 5 degree lens

Well, there's yer problem! :D

Your saber looks good!
I wonder about the T-grips at the lower end of the hilt, are they comfortable enough to hold?

master roar
01-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, there's yer problem! :D

Your saber looks good!
I wonder about the T-grips at the lower end of the hilt, are they comfortable enough to hold?

yes:D, they may not be the most comfortable grips but they satisfy me very well:D

gundamaniac
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
They may not be comfortable, but they look good! Nicely done, I like the rough weathered look. Your hilt looks very industrial and OT styled.