PDA

View Full Version : Custom Anakin conversion

DJMoonbass
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
well here is the anakin ive been working on for a week. as you can see i took a remote operated CNC mill and did my favorite thing. WINDOWS! i used a ball endmill to cut out the slot on bottom for a luke ANH style then added 8 holes all the way around the emmiter. just for fun. and it turned out awesome. i even swapped out my blue P4 for the AWESOME MIGHT of a beautiful BIN 1 CYAN Lux 3 (complimets of Eco). for some reason when i first wired it up my LED didnt seem very bright at all. so then i said what the heck. and i threw my 1000 ma puck in thera and it seemed to help big time. i dont know why it happened just did. well enjoy:D

quick specs:

bin 1 cyan lux 3
10 degree Lens
Anakin conversion kit (Custom Machine work by me)
1000 ma puck
ultraedge blade.

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Custom%20Anakin/IMG_0100.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Custom%20Anakin/IMG_0107.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Custom%20Anakin/IMG_0111.jpg
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/DJMoonbass/Custom%20Anakin/IMG_0110.jpg

Rhyen Skytracker
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Looks good. Great job DJ.

Kal El Rah
01-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Very bright indeed, very nice DJ.;);):p:? :rolleyes::cool:

ARKM
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Looking good.

Luke-SkyMarcher
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Nice. The "window" makes the ring look like it's actually attached to the "bunny ears."

B5813
01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I like that channel you milled

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Nice touch on the emitter. Looks good. The bin 1 cyan is still one of my favorites.

If you give us some details on how you hooked it up the first time, we might be able to help you figure it out. Those FX boards typically put out over 1A, and should power that LuxIII very well. Can you take a picture of your wiring?

Treadingwolf
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
That's pretty slick man. I like it! :)

Eco
01-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Looks a lot better now than it did on my phone's tiny screen!
Great work!

Thaxos
01-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Visually simple, and looking amazing!
very well done

$tarkiller
01-13-2010, 12:35 AM
Looks good Deej! I like the window and the holes on the BH. Nice work.

Count Malik
01-13-2010, 09:45 AM
neato!:mrgreen:

DJMoonbass
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
hope you guys dont think i made the blade holder. :o i just milled the slot and windows. ;) but i was very happy with the blade holder. absolute top quality machine work by TCSS.

as for my wiring. i just did everything exactly how it should be done the grey and blue go to positive and all the colored wires go to negative. i would have to dissassemble my saber to see the wiring as i didnt take any pics with it. thanks for all the compliments.

sekrogue1985
01-13-2010, 03:19 PM
the window i like but the holes are a definite yuck!

Thaxos
01-13-2010, 04:42 PM
the window i like but the holes are a definite yuck!

Why are the holes a 'yuck'? Wondering what makes them not favorable in your view...

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
as for my wiring. i just did everything exactly how it should be done the grey and blue go to positive and all the colored wires go to negative. i would have to dissassemble my saber to see the wiring as i didnt take any pics with it. thanks for all the compliments.

Sounds like that's your problem. Blue goes to negative. It's the purple that goes to positive.

Here's a diagram for you. I can't take credit for it. Someone posted it some time ago, and I snagged it.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/dar4jc/FX_Sound-board_diagram.jpg

gundamaniac
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Why are the holes a 'yuck'? Wondering what makes them not favorable in your view...

I have to agree on sek with this one. The holes bother a me a little because of how awesome the milled portion is. I LOVE that the milled out portion brings the aesthetics of the Anakin RotS even closer to the original Graflex...but because of that, the holes severely detract from the look for me. Nicely executed, just not really feeling the design.

Again, that milled out portion? BRILLIANT. Really really helps the Annie RotS feel like a graflex, helps the emitter look like it's tied in with the rabbit ears, and the extra "window" of light is certainly a nice bonus =P

DJMoonbass
01-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Sounds like that's your problem. Blue goes to negative. It's the purple that goes to positive.

Here's a diagram for you. I can't take credit for it. Someone posted it some time ago, and I snagged it.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/dar4jc/FX_Sound-board_diagram.jpg

well see i couldnt remember the exact wires because i didnt need to. it was allready converted from Ultrasabers. so all the correct wires were use appropriatley. then i went in and re did it. but then the cyan wasnt bright so i threw in the puck.

as for the holes i hear ya. maybe next time i will just mill the slots. maybe i will do that in EVERY anakin i do in the future. and it only took me like 10 minutes.

Tradeliphine
01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
all this time here on the forums and you still are having others do work? and you have an fx board and a buckpuck wired at the same time? Also, if I dont have access to a cnc could I do those mods with a drill and a dremel?

Lord Maul
01-14-2010, 09:23 PM
If you get creative, yes Trade ;)
I will post a tutorial in a few days on my method for a makeshift mill.

DJMoonbass
01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
all this time here on the forums and you still are having others do work? and you have an fx board and a buckpuck wired at the same time?

lets not get into an argument here trad... i do know most of what im doing. its just trial and error. and no i dont need anybody to do my work. i can do it just fine... ;)

you have no idea how long ive had this anakin saber. ive had this anakin since before i joined TCSS. i could easilly convert ANY stock saber from reading all the tuts here and the DIY CD from ultrasabers. i threw in the puck because i said ah what the heck. and it worked to, it boosted the brightness a little. trial and error except in this case it worked. :mrgreen:

well for a makeshift mill im anxious to see how that works out. why not just get a mini mill. i saw one at harbor freight for like 400 bucks...

Lord Maul
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I have been doing makeshift milling for like 6 months now. I don't have the cash or room for a mini mill

Dakarn
01-15-2010, 04:58 PM
If you get creative, yes Trade ;)
I will post a tutorial in a few days on my method for a makeshift mill.

Not to hijack the thread but I'm looking forward to reading it since I'm in a similar situation.

Lord Dottore Matto
01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Looks great DJ.:D

DJMoonbass
01-17-2010, 12:44 PM
no no im curious to see how the makeshift works to. llok forwrd to is LM.